276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casio Collection Mens Analogue Quartz Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you have small wrists, the MDV106 may be a bit too large for you, unless you just prefer a larger watch overall, and in that case, I say rock it! The slick black dial is contrasted by bold and legible white applied hour markings, with variations at the 6, 9, and 12 o’clock intervals. It’s certainly wearable, and waterproof, but isn’t all that comfortable to wear for long periods of time, especially in warmer weather. While it doesn’t have any fancy features, nor an automatic movement, it has 200 meters of water resistance, making it more than capable of swimming or diving, without having to worry about water damage.

With that said, its 200-meter water-resistance rating will make it more than suitable for all but professional divers. I've worn my Duro multiple times per week ever since, and whenever I find myself reaching for it, I end up noticing a new detail. This is honestly one of my favorite combinations for just about any dive watch that I can get away with wearing orange on. As the pics above indicate, the Casio Duro’s bezel lines-up perfectly and the second-hand alignment is amazingly consistent in all three of my examples.The movement is a Japanese quartz movement that runs on an SR626 battery, with a battery life of 2-3 years. The screw connection on the base of the housing optimally protects the inner workings of the watch and simultaneously provides easy access, when changing the battery for example. At the 3:00 position, you’ll find a subtle date wheel framed in white that doesn’t distract from the rest of the dial. In June, recognizing I didn't give it a fair chance, I dug the Duro out to dutifully serve in my rotation of summer beaters as a dive watch of choice.

My guess is that the synthetic rubber material used isn’t the most breathable, as some more natural rubber options would be. While the hour markings have lume that lights up in the dark, it fades away so quickly, that it’s hardly usable or helpful. Judging by the popularity of vintage CASIO representatives, CASIO simple watches will continue to be in business for a long time. Beyond doubt: the Casio MDV-106 Duro rubber strap is horrific in both form and function – a rubber hair shirt if you will. I would get slaughtered in the comments if I didn’t mention one of Citizen’s best affordable dive watches, the Citizen Promaster.With that said, its diameter distributes its weight evenly across the wrist, making it comfortable enough for everyday wear. Overall the dial is perfect and simple enough to tell the time easily, while still being interesting enough to look at for even a collector like myself who has a half-dozen other dive watches in his collection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment