276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Positive Birth Book: A New Approach to Pregnancy, Birth and the Early Weeks

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm definitely interested to learn more from some other books to compare, but I think as a general positive start point this is a good one and I think it covers all sorts from pregnancy to beyond birth which is great. We help girls to learn about the changes that puberty brings, find mentors, learn from inspirational women and loads more, and your book is in perfect synergy with our work. We run both in person courses in various locations across the UK and online Zoom courses which you can attend from the comfort of your own home. Milli speaks regularly at international events and conferences and has appeared on BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 2, BBC 5 Live and talkradio. Loved this book in preparation of birth and would have given a higher score but got quite frustrated that the author CLEARLY wants you to go for a home birth.

She is a member of the advisory group for Sex Matters and lives in Somerset with her partner and three children. It presents a practical, reassuring, down-to-earth way to prepare a wonderful birth… to be excited about!These are not always choices that all women have, or want and it doesn’t help with anxieties or guilt surrounding those decisions. You might also be interested in checking out our DIGITAL PACK - the world's most affordable and accessible hypnobirthing program. The Positive Birth Book Visual Birth Plan cards are a great way to think through your birth choices. A must-have for every girl entering womanhood, and as crucial as any biology textbook for every boy too, My Period is set to help annihilate the stigma, shame and medical negligences linked to our periods, and help everyone understand on a truthful, honest and kind level, the physical, factual happenings of what happens to our female bodies every month, for so many decades of our lives. Milli Hill set up the Positive Birth Movement in 2012 with a passion to improve the experience of birth for women.

The book’s trademark Visual Birth Plan icons can be downloaded for free to help you create a birth plan for every eventuality. All in all I love this book and can't recommend it highly enough, both to pregnant and non-pregnant women. I like her reading/writing style and would recommend to any pregnant lady regardless of her birth plan. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend course, it was packed full of useful info that we are excited to start practicing and put to good use.Hypnobirthing is for everyone and every birth; you don't need to subscribe to any school of thought or be planning any particular type of birth. In fact, there's no one on the planet who wouldn't benefit from being better informed about their body and their options, and having a practical toolkit to use in labour and birth.

If you’re someone who is considering all their options and would like information on birth delivered in a way that is more factual with fewer interjections of opinions, you’d be better reading off something else that will make you feel less judged. I highly recommend that you put your feet up, relax and enjoy preparing yourself for the birth of your baby by reading this great book. So if that's something that will turn you off because maybe home births are not an option for you, that will be something to keep in mind.That I'd probably have to have a cesararian, and not be able to get through without strong pain relief.

The Positive Birth Book is like everything I ever Googled pre-birth rolled into a friendly, warm format and is full-to-burtsing with USEFUL information. For example, I am rhesus negative and to be honest I never really understood what that meant, I just did what I was told! Separating the fact from the fiction, Milli Hill answers everything you need to know – from menstrual cups and period pants, to cramps and hormones.Because it gives mothers what they now most need – accurate facts, proper reassurance, and about a thousand reasons to be excited about birth. The message that women are made to do this and that you have choices available to you for whatever makes you most comfortable is something we need to talk about more. The Positive Birth Book is most suitable for pregnant women and their partners, giving you all the information you need to build a positive mindset, and prepare for every kind of birth, all in one place! The only downside to this book, in my opinion, is that it creates a kind of atmosphere where it seems like it is you and your baby against doctors.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment