276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can You Keep A Secret?

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Twenties Girl, I’ve Got Your Number, Wedding Night, and My Not So Perfect Life, which was a Goodreads Choice Awards finalist for Best Fiction in 2017. there's just something so natural and so human about the insecurities and then the delusions of Emma. doesn’t elicit warm laughs so much as heavy sighs, even though the film has some zippiness—there’s a slapstick spirit to the movie that doesn’t shine because the jokes are plain, the couple is tough to root for, and the general tension behind this weird situation is on the lazier side of rom-com premises. But when tragedy strikes Emmy's family, the temptation to skim some money off of the top becomes impossible to fight. i just wanted to skip on the next scene where he'll appear--i can't wait what next secret he'll be dangling for Emma to squirm over.

Can You Keep a Secret? (2019) - IMDb Can You Keep a Secret? (2019) - IMDb

After everything that happened between Emma and Jack, especially the whole deal with their respective secrets, I would have really liked to see more of them as a couple, to genuinely believe they had anything lasting going on. That aside, this is truly a fantastic book, one of the rare ones I'll certainly be re-reading in the years to come. Emma works for an intolerably stupid company (Panther Cola) and reports to tiny men with big egos that speak to her as though she is the biggest inconvenience in their day (my favourite lines are "Emma, please get your arse in gear" and "Emma, please get the fuck out of my office").Was it Maurice Switzer who said “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it? Laugh out loud humor, a loveable but usually quite clueless heroine, some barely there romance, and a picture perfect ending. Full disclosure - I'm straight so don't take only my word on if this is truly harmful, but it did make me want to facepalm and I think I would have rated this higher without it. Now, being that she is single, Emma doesn’t have many excuses to give to Jack so the two of them start dating.

Can You Keep a Secret? (novel) - Wikipedia

Emma Corrigan is a New York junior marketing representative at Panda, an organic food company, in Chicago for a sales meeting. But at the same time, they're also fun, compulsively readable, and keep me up reading til 2am on a school night because I can't stop flipping the pages. This book was fun and I'm completely glad that I read it, but I still am not fond of the office girl/modern day girl formula that seems to be pretty big in this genre. So, a lot of the nuttier aspects of the story, like the way her co-workers figured out he was talking about her on television, get a pass from me. It made no sense since Emma (the protagonist of the book) told all her secrets to a complete stranger.Unfortunately, the ending sorely lacks closure, and is the main reason why I didn't give this a higher rating. They'd had two dates and one night of sex and that somehow made Emma think Jack was in love with her. Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company's elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her. All's fine until Emma goes to work on Monday to find out that the passenger is the CEO of Panther Cooperation. This was one of those “ridiculously good” books, you can’t help but enjoy and you don’t even know why.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment