276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Hear the Sunspot (I Hear the Sunspot Graphic Novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Taichi sees the beautiful side of Kohei and doesn't believe any of the rumours surrounding Kohei. As it turns out, most people don't even know that Kohei is hard of hearing and attribute his distant nature to simply believing he is better than others due to his good looks and wealthy parent. This is a great reflection on ableism and misunderstanding that doesn't feel at all preachy. The latest addition to Yuki Fumino's Hidamari ga Kikoeru - I Hear the Sunspot is at the same time lovely and a bit frustrating. a b c Hodgkins, Crystalyn (October 22, 2016). "Yuki Fumino's Hidamari ga Kikoeru Boys-Love Manga Gets Live-Action Film". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on May 5, 2022 . Retrieved May 5, 2022. Canna Vol.33"[Original Boys Love Anthology Canna Vol. 33]. Canna (in Japanese). France Shoin. Archived from the original on May 21, 2022 . Retrieved May 5, 2022.

As mentioned earlier, the story feels down-to-earth and realistic without being boring. It’s relatable and still manages to further the plot in an intentional way. Natalie (in Japanese). May 27, 2016. Archived from the original on May 21, 2022 . Retrieved May 5, 2022.Nov 20 From the U.S. to Japan, You Can Control the Life-Size Moving Gundam from the Comfort of Your Own Home

Nov 25 i☆Ris the Movie - Full Energy!! - Anime Film Teaser Visual Revealed at i☆Ris Live Stage in Anime NYC & i☆Ris First Performance in New York Successfully Completed Kohei's impaired hearing is getting increasingly worse and he still feels isolated in any social setting. Taichi once proved a friendly face in the crowd and one slowly understanding the struggles he faced, but the two have hardly interacted since summer break. Are things cooling between them before anything really begun? A live-action film adaptation of I Hear the Sunspot was announced through the physical release of the first volume on the wrap-around band. [1] The film starred Hideya Tawada as Kohei and Akira Onodera [ ja] as Taichi. [2] [3] Ryo Mitsuya [ ja] was later cast as Yoko. [23] Additional cast members included Ami Yamazaki, Miyū Ōsaka, Hiroe Igeta, Rima Matsuda, Yūki Fukumoto, Tsubasa Shimada, Hideyuki Araki, Anna Kijima, Suzuno Nomura, Norihisa Hiranuma, Shinshō Nakamura, and Reiko Takashima. [3] The film was directed by Daisuke Kamijō. [3] It was released on June 24, 2017. [3] Reception [ edit ]

a b "An Interview with Yuki Fumino". One Peace Books. Archived from the original on March 3, 2022 . Retrieved May 5, 2022. This story offers a larger view of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities in Japan. Illuminating also in its societal look at impairment and dis/ability, and communication styles between main and secondary characters. There are a few silly plot devices, some angst, and stereotypes common to any #romcom, but I would not qualify this series as a romance per se - while it's there, it's much broader than that, closer to slice-of-life or coming-of-age. Despite this, I'm really loving this series for its sensitive and intelligent treatment of disability and prejudice, for its lovely characters and for a story that still promises unexpected and exciting developments.

not. Unfortunately, as strong as the characters are and the first few chapters, I couldn't help but feel like the story wasn't strong enough to finish on its own. At some point, it did start to feel like it was going through the motions to hit certain character beats. I felt like there were threads of Ryu coming to understand that Kohei's relationship with Taichi meant he might have been too hasty cutting his brother off out of fear he'd be a "burden" to him. I'm not sure if this series is building to an end that says, ultimately, there's no way for Taichi and Kohei to make it work or if they're going to be the exception to the rule because there's other relationships that ended because that bridge between worlds couldn't be built. I hope it's the former because I really love Taichi and Kohei's relationship. The first two or three chapters are so good. It really hits you emotionally and it makes you rethink how you've treated people, whether they have a disability or

GN 1

Loveridge, Lynzee (July 24, 2018). "Best and Worst Manga of 2018 Results - Comic-Con International". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on November 9, 2020 . Retrieved May 5, 2022. The romance continues to be a slow burn. In large part this is because Taichi still isn't comfortable with physical manifestations of affection; he loves Kohei and absolutely gets worried about his past relationship with Ena (especially when he remembers Kohei specifically saying that he's never “done this with a guy”), but he's also not really ready to take the next step. Kohei is respectful of this, although he'd clearly like to do more, even if it's just more kissing, and watching them try to work with what they're both comfortable with is a particularly strong element of the story. It could be frustrating if you're not into glacial pacing, but I think that ultimately it will be a strength of the series rather than a fault. This is a sweet, shonen-ai manga that features a hearing-impaired character called Kohei, and Taichi, the guy that’s helping him taking notes at college. As far as watching the romance slowly bloom between Kohei and Taichi, if this tells you anything about how invested I am, it took me all of 10 seconds between reaching the end of this book and borrowing the ebook for the sequel from the library. 🤣

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment