276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Armed for the Match: The Troubles and Trial of the Chelsea Headhunters

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Chelsea hooligan Jason Marriner has recalled how his first fight - away at Wolves - sparked his passion for mob clashes (Image: Daily Record) Read More Related Articles The chance to rekindle the tribal camaraderie and blood-fuelled adrenaline the Headhunters had once lived for presented itself when Championship side Cardiff City were drawn away to Chelsea in the fifth round of the FA Cup on February 13 2010. Hooliganism was also on show when the BBC broadcast a documentary about the notorious Chelsea Headhunters football hooligans. Over the whole of the last football season, BBC journalist Donal McIntyre spent time in the company of some of Britain’s most violent hooligans. There was a time when you couldn't find a coach firm in West London willing to take Chelsea fans, and going by some of the things I've seen, you honestly couldn't blame them. To get round this coaches would be booked as Union Outings or even School Trips, but for obvious reasons Union Outings were the more plausible.

Yes thats true, nobody hates a Charlton supporter as they are not really considered a football team Wasn't for the faint hearted, could you imagine that today ! I couldnt repeat 90% of it on this forum I would be banned. Jason has spent time in prison and received numerous football bans as a result of his involvement in fighting (Image: BBC) Speaking on the Anything Goes with James English podcast, Jason explained that he and a mate went on an away trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers. A now slimmed-down Matthews, 50, was once accused of being the “Fat Man” who rammed a bottle in a barman’s face at a pub near Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge ground.Oliphant, Roland (25 September 2016). " 'You won't want to hear this, but we hate the English' ". The Telegraph.

Football hooliganism hit a peak in the 80s, when often boozed-up fans from each side would fight it out on the streets before and after games.Worrall, Mark (10 May 2007). Blue Murder: Chelsea Till I Die. Head Hunter Books. ISBN 978-1-906085-00-1. PATTAYA: -- James "Fat" McLeod, 35, underwent critical surgery at an international hospital in the resort. Doctors saved his life but he lost his left eye. The attempted murder took place at the new home McLeod bought in the beach resort, where he has taken a local girl named Nok as his wife. Seventeen hooligans were named to police in just two days last July following an appeal in The Sun. The firm was involved in numerous incidents of violence through the United Kingdom and Europe during the 1980s. [7] Its activities inspired numerous prominent Russian hooligan firms, and some high-profile members of the Headhunters took part in football hooliganism in Russia. [8]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment