276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7", Wi-Fi) Black

£60£120Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Tab S2 has a gorgeous 9.7-inch Super AMOLED screen. Due to its larger size, the 2,048-by-1,536 display works out to about 264 pixels per inch (ppi), which is actually less than the 320ppi for the 8-inch Tab S2. Regardless, it looks equally impressive, with bright, popping colors and fluid animations. I’ve always been big fan of Samsung smartphone and tablets’ screens, feeling their use of Super AMOLED technology puts them a cut above many competing devices. Overall, the Tab S2 is an impressive Android tablet, but I wish the fun lasted longer between charges. All Samsung tablets use the Google Android operating system, much the same as you'd find on a Samsung phone. It means you have access to an enormous range of apps.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 - Full tablet specifications

The TV connectivity works in the other direction, too. Say you want to watch the last few moments of the big game in the kitchen or out by the grill. You can stream content directly from your TV to the Galaxy Tab S2. Or, you could finish up that Netflix binge session on the slate -- without even installing the Netflix app. Adaptive Display technology aims to let the Galaxy Tab S2 automatically optimise the tablet’s display to perform better in specific lighting, or when displaying certain types of content. While this sounds great, its attempts at optimisation are hit and miss. During my tests, the feature did little more than needlessly adjust the screen’s RGB level and brightness. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is also available in a larger model that's better for watching movies and gaming. Josh Miller/CNET Conclusion As an added perk Super AMOLED displays also reduce the screen’s power consumption. By integrating the capacitive touchscreen layer directly into the display, instead of overlaying it on top, they remove the need for the phone to charge two components at once.

The Tab S2's screen is brighter than the iPad Air 2's and the Surface 3's (450 nits versus 345 nits and 407 nits, respectively), but Apple's tablet offers more accurate colors. On the Delta-E test, where a score close to 0 is best, Samsung's slate registered 4.07, compared to a near-perfect 0.9 for the iPad and 3.1 for the Surface 3. The Venue 10 7000 (249 nits, 10.2 Delta-E) wasn't even close in those two categories.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 review: A small and skinny - CNET

The Galaxy Tab S2’s 8in 2,048 x 1,536, 320 ppi, Super AMOLED touchscreen is one of its biggest selling points. The only consideration you should make is whether you’ll prefer a tablet running the Android operating system instead of Apple iOS. If you have an iPhone, for example, you might find an iPad more useful. iPads and iPhones work together, letting you keep your apps, files and messages synchronised across devices. My only slight disappointment with the Galaxy Tab S2’s screen stems from its use of Samsung’s hit-and-miss Adaptive Display tech.

Below, we take you through what you can expect to pay for a Samsung Galaxy tablet, and reveal the top scorers. In comparison, the iPad Air 2 lasted 9 hours and 20 minutes, and the Surface 3 endured for 8:01. The tablet category average is 9 hours. The previous Galaxy Tab S lasted 8:57. At least the Tab S2 beats the Dell Venue 10 7000 (6:55). I could view my entire phone's screen on the Tab S2's panel and move it around, as well as play games like Golf Star from the S6 Edge Plus, although the lag over Wi-Fi Direct messed up the timing of my swing. What I like most about SideSync 4.0 is that once you've gone through the setup, it automatically connects to your phone. There’s a wide variety of Samsung Galaxy tablets on the market right now, all made in different years, sold at different prices and for completely different types of buyers. In other words, if you’re here to get clarity on Samsung Galaxy Tabs, you're not alone. Regardless of the price changes, the Tab S2 tablets still have something to offer, and with later Tab S tablet releases Samsung has continued to keep pace with the iPad releases put out by Apple.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment