276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Plaid Hat Games PHG2200 Stuffed Fables

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Familiar Tales is set in the land of Principalia, where sinister forces have sent the ruling human family into hiding. Players take on the role of magical familiars adventuring across a fantasy landscape. Their goal is to deliver an infant princess to safety. Photo: Plaid Hat Games Essentially Stuffed Fables is a storybook adventure game and dungeon crawler where you take on the role of one of 6 various stuffies who are the protagonists within the story. They are stuffed animals that belong to a young girl and their self-appointed roles as her protectors will see you fight off the bad guys who live under her bed. Scary Story? Stuffed Fables, from designer Jerry Hawthorne, is the spiritual successor to his earlier design, Mice and Mystics. The format is similar; players take the role of unconventional heroes fighting similarly strange bad guys. Rather than rodents, this time players will control stuffed animals, protecting a young girl from the dangerous minions that lurk under her bed. The stories are lovely and quite enjoyable for both children and adults. Much like how Toy Story 3 was more for the adults than the kids, you are sure to have your emotions tugged on by some of these stories while your kids are oblivious. Stuffed Fables is an adventure game where 2-4 players aged 7 years and above will become stuffed toys attempting to fight the monsters that lurk under the bed.

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition is one of the best co-op board games for friends looking for something a little more involved than watching a scary movie together, but with no less dread. You might not survive, but you’ll have a very good time together. This was supposed to make an appearance in my RPG entry but I moved it over here. The world you live in was originally peaceful and every human-creature lived without much problems with each other--- until Vesh came. Now the world is in ruins and only one city remains, you and your friends must reclaim the rest of the world and protect the oldest city in this realm. When adding a boss type minion to play, place a number of stuffing tokens (dark side up) on that boss's card equal to the number of stuffies in play. When a boss would be defeated, instead remove 1 dark stuffing from its card. When it has no dark stuffing on its card, it is then defeated and removed from play. While the playtime at 60-90 minutes does tend to make this a bit too long for families with young children, it is an excellent choice for those with kids ages 10 and up. To be sure, younger kids can play along, but their attention spans may likely be taxed before the game is over.Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you. When you manage to nab an item in Legacy, you’ll keep that item and hand it down, as generations of your family contends with new horrors, guided by the events of the game’s story book. While the action still invites you to explore a haunted mansion with each new chapter, alternating rooms and a differing haunt for each incursion helps the action feel fresh until the game’s final death rattle. The board itself is ‘alive’ in that pieces can be removed or replaced, based on where you are in the story and what choices you’ve made. That does mean The Adventures of Robin Hood requires commitment from a set group of players, but with a relatively easy set up, you can also swap and change players as you go. Whatever method you choose for playing, you should have a blast completing each quest. You automatically fail a skill test if you are required to make one but do not have the appropriate dice. There are 4 places that players can look to see if there are skill tests available. When drawing an item card (excepting party items) you may either equip the card to your stuffy or trade it to another player (who must then immediately equip it to her stuffy). When drawing a party item card put it in reach of all players. All players can freely use party items and there is no limit to the number you can have in play. Equipment Slots

When I pictured what my board gaming future might look like, I never imagined I would be playing a story driven game about a little girl’s transition to her first big bed. Neither did I imagine I would enjoy it so much! Stuffed Fables, by Plaid Hat Games, presents the story of an unnamed girl, and a band of cuddly toys (stuffies) who protect her at important stages in her young life. Also mechanically straightforward, the game really relies heavily on the story elements. Each chapter has a long introduction that explains the next story in the young girl’s life and the role the stuffies are playing. The storybook doubles as the game map, so there are no tiles to dig through to get the game up and going. Some spaces on the map also trigger new story elements or random encounters with other toys, adding to the thematic flair. The artwork is another stand out. While it may not approach the technical accomplishments of the artwork in a lot of other games, it has its own distinct art style that in many ways is more impressive than many other games out there. While the tone of the game’s story is very light, the colour palette of the game has a lot of dark hues: deep purples, dark blues. It all feels very fitting for a game that takes places almost exclusively at night time. Communicate through cards in this space-themed co-op board game Talking is strictly not allowed in The Crew: Quest for Planet Nine. The story is told through the eyes of the stuffies as they battle to make sure their young girl is not woken during the night.

Stuffed Fables will tell the story of a little girl who has to sleep in a big girl bed for the first time. Without her magical crib to protect her, the stuffed animals in her room must come to life and fend off the monsters under her bed. Each of the two-to-four players at the table will take on the role of one of those stuffed animals, which Hawthorne says are the stars of the show. There has been something of a trend where many board games try to be as brutal as possible; just ask anyone who has ever played Mansions of Madness. But Stuffed Fables avoids the temptation to ramp up the difficulty. It’s quite easy to succeed in the game, partially because even when things go wrong, it is rarely an automatic game over. When you lose your health (stuffing), your character becomes incapacitated and must be regain their life either with help from another player or by performing a health-gaining action. I needed a way to solve that problem so that I could tell a more rich story with a lot more variety and environments. I was going to design a separate map book and a separate storybook, but then we realized that we could just put them together into one thing. And that was even greater because that adds to the charm of it.” I can see Stuffed Fables being an excellent choice for a family that is looking for a new way to connect together. This would be such a fun game to dedicate a few nights a week to and play each story over the course of a month or so. Each game takes a while, so this is not a game you are going to play in one evening and be done. When a player chooses to use a die, they roll it and use the resulting number. For example, if they want to use a blue die they drew from the bag to move, they’ll roll it and then can move up to that number of spaces. Once used, the die is discarded.

Shuffle the Waking sleep card with 2 random sleep cards and set them face-down next to the play area. If you're a fan of video games with strong narratives, why not give storytelling board games a try? Party items are treated as if they are equipped to all of the stuffies simultaneously. There is no limit to the number of party items that can be in play. An anti-colonialist board game that offers a tough challenge for cooperating friends Each player will have access to a different set of abilities, depending upon the spirit they play as. Instead of playing as a single character, players choose a family. Betrayal Legacy takes place over the course of several decades and generations, with family members becoming older or passing on their deadly curiosity (and acquired heirlooms) to their descendants. Nothing like a little generational trauma to bring people together in a haunted house.All of the remaining colored dice in front of you may be utilized to perform actions. To perform an action, you must spend a die of the appropriate color. To spend a die: Roll that die, resolve its effect, then discard it. There are a certain amount of thematic similarities between Stuffed Fables and Mice and Mystics, although they don’t go all the way to the core of the gameplay. Both games are about tiny creatures in a large world and also about nebulous evil forces trying to destroy innocence and goodness. The primary difference from a theme stand point is the slightly lighter nature of Stuffed Fables. While Mice and Mystics dealt with death in a very real sense, Stuffed Fables prefers to skirt around it, mainly using terms like ‘defeated’ or ‘collapsed’ to refer to the state of opponents or players. This lighter theme has come across in the mechanics as well. The survivors must aim carefully to dispatch zeds without alerting the horde – made especially terrifying by the zombie tower used to bring a wave of walkers crashing down onto the table. My son is 10, a boy into Manchester City, Marvel Super Heros and Football, he was not interested in the story, he only wanted to fight the bad guys and “prefers Descent”. It was too fluffy for him and I could see his eyes glaze over as I read the story that accompanies each scenario. Each player chooses a stuffy character card and its matching figure and places 5 stuffing tokens on that character card (light side up).

A competitive story driven game of adventure and exploration. This is the first in a series of games using a brand-new system called “Destinies”. Like a lot of dungeon crawlers, the game is set in a dark-fantasy medieval world. Each player has their own “destiny” which acts as their “end goal”. Players will go through their story and try to fulfill their destiny. Just as with white stuffing dice, each die may be rolled separately, or multiple of the same color (or purple) may be rolled together as 1 roll. On your turn, you may perform as many actions as you like, as many times as you like, so long as you still have the appropriate dice available to spend.The theme is fantastic for families with young kids to play together. The storylines in each story, adventure, and scenario are fun and engaging and the challenges are straight forward.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment