276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Turmoil: A Dark High School Romance (Elite of Elmwood Academy Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It also felt like the author was desperate to insert sex into every couple of chapters just to remind us she she was getting off writing about these two. Leaving us with an..OH! FFS moment, with the Scooby gang all punching the air with glee, hugs all round, and Josie being officially welcomed into the Elite in front of the attending student body…Aww …groan! There was a ton of scheming and plotting throughout this book, and it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat with all the anticipation and suspense! I didn’t ask for this life, and yet I’m caught in the middle of a dangerous game. And the stakes are deadlier. The Elite, four damaged, gorgeous, arrogant guys, think they own me now. But I have my own family drama. Turns out, my entire identity is a lie. Speaking of the car racing, how did I know Josie would end up riding ‘ shotgun’ for one of the guys???….Oh yeah! Because I have read it before in a dozen other books.

Josie has to move as her mom remarried to a rich man, so it is time to for new town, new school, and new people. Of course, her stepbrother is a complete jerk who hates her (conflict 1). Then she catches the attention of the Elite. They are the quintessential kings of the school. Throughout the book secrets are revealed and some are kept to make you asking what is going on.There is a lot of scenes and situations that she shows weakness and stupidity. If you have such evil creatures surrounding you, been kidnapped, almost raped, when will you take better caution and care of yourself?

Josie cannot catch a break! I swear this girl goes through more crap, I would have broken down but she just dusts herself off & keeps going & I love it. Josie was pretty strong heroine, she wasn't unnecessary cruel towards future GFs, but still she had that inner strength that most heroines of bully books miss. God,I HATE the best friend giving the females leads makeover cliche scenarios that every god damn novel appears to have.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you enjoy steamy, drama-filled reads, with a dose of suspense and a cliffhanger ending then this book is for you. I apologies to the author in advance, I don't think you made a bad book. In fact, for New Adult I think this is perfect. I was just not the target audience and I don't think I ever would have been. All of my critiques work the best in the style chosen but unfortunately I am gonna let people know my true thoughts. Also the twist at the end was just dumb in this setting. The plot was sub par due to it not being flushed out more. Most of the writing was based on Josie's thoughts and feeling which did not reflect a lot on the plot until about the 70% mark which was way too close to the ending to be good. This whole part has the boys, & the equally interfering Mads feeling quite smug in their little “I told you so” wink moment. ( Mads…Ugh..What a pain she is)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment