276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AMD CPU Fan Bracket Socket Retention Mounting Base for AM4 Motherboard chipset B350 X370 A320 X470 with Screws Side Fixing Holder

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). Origami Cactus, assuming he has an AM4 board (which I can only assume he does based on his subject title), then those brackets are obviously AM4 ones, as is the socket. Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab . If you don’t hear a hissing sound and none of the air is escaping, you have successfully assembled the water block.

Anyways i had the understanding that am4 mounting was just the holes in the motherboard, and those clip type mounting hardware were am3. No other cooler will come with those, but I don't think any air cooler would need them anyway, it's only certain AIOs that use those brackets, but I may be wrong and there could be exceptions as I've not used every AM4 air cooler on the market. The other important thing is the force you are using to tighten the four screws that hold the water block together.

Removing the CPU cooler is usually performed when replacing with a new unit or applying fresh thermal grease. Sending goods outside the United Kingdom may result in additional local customs clearance charges and taxes. What is the solution for mounting the CPU cooler to the motherboard when I'm missing the original mounting bracket and back plate? Allen key, the adequate torque on the screws is when you feel that the Allen key is slightly bending under your fingers.

Thermal grease may flow over the edges of the processor and reach the socket if excessive amounts are applied. As such, they are an easy way to continue using your favourite cooler when upgrading to the latest generation. If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. Cooler Master’s Thermal Solution provides the performance needed to get the best out of your Ryzen 7000 Processor.

With the release of the new Ryzen™ CPUs and A-series APUs codenamed Bristol Ridge, the AMD water cooling community will bloom again and that is why we prepared a short tutorial.

Learn the latest EK news and water-cooling tips and tricks, or share your thoughts with our team and other enthusiasts. If you already have a Kraken or are purchasing one that doesn’t already include the AM4 bracket, no need to worry.

assuming he has an AM4 board (which I can only assume he does based on his subject title), then those brackets are obviously AM4 ones, as is the socket. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Follow a diagonal pattern across the CPU cooler, further tighten each spring-screw with a full turn. With that sorted out, we can move forward to the actual tutorial, since every previously sold CPU water block will need the new „ Mounting plate Supremacy AMD“ bracket to fit the new AM4 socket.

Yes, the manual is detailed with nice illustrations, but we took the time to make a colorful demonstration on how to swap the CPU water block mounting bracket. If the CPU cooler has RGB LED, connect the bundled RGB cable to CPU cooler and the RGB header on the motherboard. After you have unscrewed the four bolts that hold the water block together, you can disassemble it to its key components. If we are talking about some bolt through thingy, where he has to remove the Bracket that comes with the Board, you are mostly right. If you want to see diagrams or more detailed installation instructions, consult your cooler product manual.Using a screwdriver, turn each spring-screw a half turn clockwise to ensure the spring-screw makes a connection with the backplate. In this case reading the manual it seems that the cooler uses am3 mounting, so just mount the cooler to the motherboard included pieces. Assume that any photo is a library photo, not the actual item you will receive, unless expressly mentioned above.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment