276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - Combat Patrol: Thousand Sons

£45£90.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Thousand Sons one is pretty similar to the Hexfire box, so if you grabbed that one this might still have some value for you. It is a little strange just because it has so many Tzaangors and it’s basically the same as the Hexfire box but with 10 more Tzaangors added in.

Each Combat Patrol is supposed to be balanced against all the others. That might be hard to believe when looking at the contents of the Adeptus Custodes box set, as the boys in gold are notoriously hard! If you just want to paint the army, play it casually and have a bit of everything, the models are still very impressive and it’s a good price for such a big variety of units, representing many different tactical aspects of how the army works. Hot on the heels of Krieg comes a new Astra Militarum novel, based on the exploits of the Catachan Jungle Fighters . As the Catachans prepare to go on the offensive against Orks , they find themselves saddled with a barely trained trooper from another regiment. Can he prove that he’s not a coward and earn the respect of Colonel Haskell ‘Hell Fist’ Aldalon? Miniatures: 10 Battle Sisters, 4 Sisters Repentia, 1 Repentia Superior, 1 Canoness, 1 Penitent Engine, 5 Seraphim, 3 Arco-flagellants, 1 RhinoAh, the Blood Angels– noble and civilised sons of Sanguinius, most handsome, tragic, star-crossed and pretty of all the Emperor’s ‘Primarch’ sons. These renaissance Italy-themed space marines are among the most storied and popular chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. If you’re looking to do more involved work with the armor panels, like giving them a gradient, then you’ll want to paint the armor first and do the trim later. In that case, prime the model whatever color works best for your basecoat. Now, my first impression with this box is that it doesn’t provide you with a variety of units at all. In fact, it basically leaves you with one strategy really – spam, spam and spam again. The Rubric Marines, being Space Marines, will have good shooting, especially if you get a couple of Soulreaper cannon upgrades in there. The Chaos Spawn provide the melee, but really that’s it. I’m not a Thousand Sons player, but if I were to start, this would not be the Boarding Patrol for me. I want to make a point about upgrade sprues because I highlighted them in the other article as being a money sink. And, sometimes they are here, and sometimes not. The Dark Angels, who I ragged on pretty hard for having very, very little in their Combat Patrol other than some Intercessors, a Primaris Chaplain, a Redemptor Dreadnought, and 3 Inceptors–a grand total of 10 models in this army box–turned out pretty good. Above average at 485. However, how much you actually save, and how essential the miniatures included in the boxes are to your army, varies from box to box.

Second, the Combat Patrol versions of each faction’s datasheets army rules are different from their main Index. Datasheets are simpler, and armies have access to different Stratagems, and enhancements. This week’s Citadel Colour Masterclass is all about the basics of freehanding. If you’ve ever wanted to dip your toe** into this advanced technique, this is the show you need to watch. I posted earlier about the best value Combat Patrol box, and the worst value Combat Patrol box for Warhammer 40k. You can read all about that here. In that article I broke down each box by unit, looking at the price of how much you’d have to spend if you bought each model/unit separately.The easiest part of this. Prime the model whatever gold you’re looking to use. In this case I used GW’s Retributor Armour. Clean up any spots that need a bit of extra gold.

Since that time the Thousand Sons have become their own standalone faction, with a number of unique models and rules that mark them apart from their less-psychic cousins. The army now features a number of unique characters and units, such as the twisted Tzaangors and the Mutalith Vortex Beast. There’s a lot of variety in the army beyond just the animated suits of armor known as rubric marines.

Combat Patrol game mode

Once that dries, you can drybrush it with a light bone color. I used Reaper Polished Bone but any bone color will do. If you’re working with Agrellan Earth you might want to shade the whole thing with Agrax Eartshade or a matte varnish like Technical Stormshield to help keep it in place. Step 4: Base Rim Cleanup Like with all the Boarding Patrol boxes, you get a decent amount of savings – some better than others, but you get the average amount with the Thousand Sons Boarding Patrol, which will appeal to you if need more Rubric Marines to bolster your forces. Boarding Patrol: Thousand Sons – Points AUTHOR'S NOTE: There are ways you can get more points out of these boxes, but if you're wanting to build the units following the instructions in the box and have them represent their intended Grimdark Future counterparts, this post is a guide to roughly how many points you'll get out of each one. For example, you could give every unit 'Veteran' status in a lot of armies and get some more points out of it, but the likelihood is you'll want to add some more units instead. As such, I've kept it as a practical army if I were to build a force using the models from the box. It also includes 4x Tzaangor Upgrade Frames and 1 x Chaos Space Marine Transfer Sheet. All models are supplied with their appropriate bases. The Thousand Sons march to war under the auspices of an Infernal Master, his five Scarab Occult Terminator bodyguards, and more Tzaangors than you can shake a force stave at (20!). While the Tzaangors swarm across the battlefield claiming objectives, the Terminators continue their implacable advance, gunning down foes with inferno combi-bolters and cutting down anyone who gets too close with their khopesh blades. Grey Knights Combat Patrol

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment