276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joop! Homme Mild Deodorant Natural Spray, 75ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sadly, the first wearing of Joop! Homme on our latest fishing expedition failed, again, to yield the results we’d hoped for. A jasmine cardamom tonka sandalwood BOMB, with bergamot and a smidgen of orange! It's entirely unique for a masculine targeted fragrance, and a 90s classic with super fun memories of going to sweaty dance clubs and euro cafe bars in my prime - Y2K. Evidently very polarizing for fragrance snobs. I love to shake things up, therefore I do love this one! I own a tester bottle and wear it at home on the weekend to revisit the memories. For ten years, I owned a home which shared a wall with my neighbour. During that decade, I would smell Joop! Homme and think, “Oh, Neville has come home. I need to see him about something”. I wear it usually (as a woman) in the winter and fall time, because the cinnamon note is so gorgeous on my skin and I find more appealing the EdT version in comparison to the EdP or Perfume versions, they are just too intoxicating for me. I think the thing to "get" about JOOP! is that it is deliberately artificial. There is something sly and dreamlike about that fruity-sweet base that is meant to be playfully, intentionally artificial. "High concept". Thus the scent is very urbane... deliberately man-made, like a Claes Oldenburg hamburger. Some perfumes are meant to remind you of trees and grass and herbs, but JOOP! is meant to be "Dorothy over the rainbow, now in a saturated Technicolor", you might say. That's by intention.

I believe this is still the best fragrance to use while wearing a pink shirt. In Spring and cooler Summer. Not in the Tropics for sure. It might poise a beach. And for certain not on an airplane. It reminds me of my bottle of Montblanc Individuel, but the Joop! juice is deeper, has more of a spicy underbelly and lasts longer. Plus, it’s great to have this in addition to my bottle of Joop! Homme Absolute, a scent I really love. However, we then like to go a little deeper to explore more detail about the product by looking at products in the same category as Joop! Homme Deodorant Spray. That then tells us that there are 1654 products in the Cosmetics & Skincare category at The Range. Unfortunately, it doesn't smell as good as it used to. I prefer to use Mont blanc Individual instead. It's nicer and more noticeable.

I am female, and with my body chemistry, this (at least in its 2020-or-so reformulation) is a pleasant, warm, sugary heliotrope with a cinnamon-tobacco-woody base, best for cool-weather wear. Like it but don't looove it. I was "around" in the 1990s, but no one I knew wore it, and I have no particular scent-memory of it. This marks my second review of the previously repulsive Joop! Homme. In my original review I talked about my disappointment that I wasnt completely in love with this fragrance, mostly due to a strange urine note I was detecting (fatal error on my part as I had a cold when I sampled it and so my nose wasnt working properly.) When you First spray Joop! on, you get a very strong and "in your nose" citrus blast, full of bergamont and lemons, and sweetened up by cinnamon. Its a refreshing start, just like jumping in a pool for the first time. Then after a few minutes (5-15 minutes), it becomes really sweet, and by sweet i mean the cinnamon start getting stronger and the florals start blossoming on your skin. Heliotrope gives it that "cherry pie" smell while jasmine gives it a sultry feel to it, with orange blossom keeping it warm and spicy. The drydrown starts in about an hour or two after application, here is my FAVORITE PART. Behind the middle floral, warm, balmy notes, vanilla starts to make its angelic entrance by putting the notes where they belong before it shows itself. This phase is EXTREMELY SEXY AND INTOXICATING. The vanilla here is the icing on the "cake" this scent is. Honey and tobacco come to linger, giving it a mature masculine edge, which is what keeps you sniffing around yourself trying to inhale it all in. After 4-6 hours, it softens up, gets cuddly and soft after being dominant and powerful, just like how i interpret myself sometimes (personal refernce to add fondness). Its leaves a smooth vanilla honey tobacco combo on your skin that lasts and lasts till you shower.

As they were my 5th & 6th fragrance I have ever had, I expected far more would last me longer than a full day and fill a room. But they don't. That these would be more like the standard not the exception. But they are. In the end i gave it to him and i can safely say there is nothing wrong with the fragrance because in the air, on him, it smells just as good as i remember it the first time. Thats where the magic is with Joop Homme, in the air! Not smelled upclose.So one of my pals decided to bolster our results by adding another fragrance to the spice cabinet. He’s recently donated a bottle of Joop! Homme to the lineup. It’s now like Old Spice and new spice, shoulder to shoulder.

Maybe I got a bad batch. This smells like cough syrup and musky body odor. I was supposed to give it to a friend's kid. I decided not to because it smells so bad that it might offend the family lol. The fragrance commands attention, albeit not in a way that most would consider beneficial. It projects strongly and lasts an eternity on the skin, characteristics that could have been admirable if not for its inherently toxic and synthetic aroma. This stuff is a compliment monster from the ladies, dont listen to the nay sayers. Its a classic and in the right environment its a head turner. One thing to note is that the opening can be quite strong, so I recommend spraying it a little away from your face. Also, I would say that this scent is more suitable for colder months as it has a cozy and comforting feel to it. Overall this is a nice affordable fragrance. If you love cinnamon and orange blossom, you should definitely give it a try. It has now dried down to a lovely soft, sweet vanilla & honeyed tobacco base, that reminds me of Godet Mondanité.When I first smelled this I wasn't turned off like the majority of people, I understood right away that this was a gem! "This WILL get the attention of the ladies" I thought...and I was spot on! The thing is that before these 2 I only had Hugo Boss Classic, or number 1 and Boss Bottled (or No. 6). Both also pretty strong performers, but not like these Red & Green Monsters. ALL of us couldn't stop smelling him, hypnotised! We had different tastes in perfume, but this one got us to agree: it smelled moreish, in a very erotic way (...!)... and truth again be told the guy wasn't that attractive but his taste in perfume said a lot more was to be found under the surface, and appreciated *wink wink* These fragrances spoiled my fragrance journey because most of the 355 I have bought ever since, seem pale performance wise. Most of them just disappointing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment