276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Justice League: The World's Greatest Superheroes by Alex Ross & Paul Dini

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m jumping the gun and I’ll circle back to these points later but first let’s get this semi-positive critique that I’ve seen in EVERY review of this book out of the way so the rest of this can be pure venting: Alex Ross’ art. There are so many characters in this mammoth of a book as well, which can at times be confusing when your trying to follow 5 different scenarios in one fight. Coming off their previous project, Earth X from Marvel Comics, Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, and Doug Braithwaite started on Justice, a 12-issue bi-monthly series. Luthor, the Riddler, Poison Ivy and Black Manta invite everyone who wishes to join them to live in alien cities contained within black spheres, secretly provided by Brainiac, who lobotomizes Aquaman. Me parece acertada la decisión de no incluir un personaje encargado de “ contarnos” la historia como ocurre en otros trabajos ( Marvels); en estos 12 números cada protagonista tiene sus momentos narrativos y así transcurre y avanza la historia.

I always want to connect with them as a creator, to make work with them that would elevate them to the way that I felt about them as a kid.

Nobody says “dude, seriously - enough with this paranoid info gathering, you’re going to get us all nearly killed! Bottom Line : This is a more realized collaboration between Alex Ross and Jim Krueger than Marvel’s Earth X (ugh!

Superman Twentieth Century by acclaimed comic book artist Alex Ross, is a portrait of the Superman character as he looks down over the streets of Metropolis at night - cape flying in the wind in this iconic pose. It is in this way, this tapped vein of manic creative energy, that I think comics have the potential for a sort of Secret Knowledge separate (and yet completely tied to) the cognitive associations that happen when language and visuals mix on the page, or whatever other high-falutin’ way you like to spin it when explaining to your high-falutin’ friends why you genuinely think comics are cool (as opposed to when you think comics are cool just because the NY Times or the Huffington Post has told you to think so. This series with it's incredible art and beautiful Silver age feel to the story stands out above and beyond the rest. There is a visual mirroring or flipping of a scene in KC which retroactively foreshadows, a parallel scene in Justice.Justice takes place outside of the regular DC Universe continuity, with most of the characters featured in the story being modern day incarnations of their Silver Age of comic books counterparts. All three titles launched within the same time period as part of a wave of continuity-free incarnations of popular DC Universe properties, though Justice did not feature the " All-Star" labeling. We are a Small Business Serving our Local and Global Online Community Since 2001 and proud to have received California’s Small Business Award in 2005.

The clash between Luthor and Braniac was great, as those two on the same team, you had to expect, they would be trying to deceive one-another to their own ends. But this was in every way an ordinary tale that was inflated to an epic scope for no real reason beyond trying to get readers to compare it to another Alex Ross “epic”, Kingdom Come. A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! The story is great too, it was nice seeing all the silver age versions of these characters in a modern style story.

I get Batman, you know, because I love Batman, and so I figure that if people can love other superheroes the way I love Batman, then sure, it makes sense for people to be big fans of Superman flying around having Superman adventures and Wonder Woman having Wonder Woman adventures and all the rest, in their own micro-universes, each with their own flavor and tone and fan bases. If Justice was entertaining throughout, then a disappointing ending might be overlooked, but Justice isn’t entertaining throughout. And also maybe wonder who fired all the nukes because the answer would be a villain, not the heroes.

That’s why I’ve always been more attracted to Batman stories: he’s a hero who is doing the best he can with what he has. His most recent interior artwork for DC includes the epic series JUSTICE featuring the Justice League of America which he co-wrote with Jim Krueger. In the latest video from Alex Ross Art, Alex talks about his early inspiration for The Justice League: They were the characters on television the longest and the most for my generation, growing up with the Super Friends. There is a visual mirroring of a scene in KC which retroactively foreshadows, a parallel scene in Justice. Setting aside those problems, the actual content here is good and I really enjoyed reading this book.Turning off the personalised advertising setting won’t stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. It takes itself far, far too seriously and could've used a little more humor to deflate the overall pretentiousness of the writing, but it's a nice companion piece for fans of Kingdom Come, essentially serving as a prequel to that story. The villains all have this shared dream where they see nukes dropping across the globe and the superheroes failing to save everyone.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment