276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Giro

£42.495£84.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The in-mould construction enables a tough protective construction that leaves room for improved ventilation and weight without compromising the overall safety of this helmet.

The webbing straps are difficult to adjust due to their thick, bulky nature, but the floating rear webbing attachment and adjustable Y-buckles do provide for a comprehensive adjustment system. Items sent back to us will undergo an inspection and it may be necessary to send the item away to the manufacturer to confirm the fault. This means that the airflow over the head isn’t quite as good and I felt a bit warm on hot days when climbing at lower speeds. The Giro Savant Road Bike Helmet has been designed to give you race inspired performance at unbeatable value.

The webbing straps are thicker and stiffer than the straps on the Bell Overdrive, and far less comfortable. Unfortunately we cannot consider an item to be lost until 15 working days has passed (according to Royal Mail procedure). When pulled tight there is far too much excess strap under the buckle – enough that it flapped in the wind as we rode.

Still, I figured 10 years was long enough, especially considering it was the cheapest helmet I could find at the time. So, a few rides later and I still cannot quite believe how such an affordable helmet could offer so many outstanding features. Joe is habitually unable to get his bike computer to sync and instead relies on OS maps or skills learned watching Ray Mears’ Bushcraft for navigation. Riding into a strong crosswind I could feel the Wind Tunnel vents doing their job, keeping my head cool as the sun and temperature rose, yet after three hours of riding I was not a sweaty mess.To manage an existing Cyclist magazine subscription, please visit Manage your account or visit our subscription FAQ page. Joseph Delves is a former editor of Cycling Electric, former editor-at-large of BikesEtc and a regular contributor to Cyclist Magazine and Cyclist. Please enclose all your details and a covering note explaining the fault and any other useful details.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment