276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GIANTS Biscuit 78g x14 per case (Custard Cream Vanilla Flavour)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

OH! One more thing. These biscuits are so big fat fluffy that sometimes they are lobbed over sideways when they bake. I kind of love the homemade charm that lends and I am going to split the biscuit to add jam or bacon anyway, so it’s good for me. Perfectionists beware ? I also have other biscuit recipes!

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk. Gently mix together using one hand or a rubber spatula, bringing the flour from the sides of the bowl into the buttermilk, just until a shaggy dough forms. The most scrumptious tender and fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits you’ll ever have! Every home cook should have a solid, homemade buttermilk biscuit recipe in their arsenal and we def recommend this one. These 6-ingredient biscuits are supremely tender, buttery, and fluffy…the coziest biscuits to accompany a variety of main dishes! BBR Biscuit-making tip #4: If using a biscuit cutter, it’s tempting to want to twist the cutter, but don’t. Instead, punch down on the dough and straight out with not a single twist motion! Why? The twisting motion seals the biscuit edges which can cause the biscuits to not achieve a good enough rise. Can I use all-purpose flour? Again, yes, but cake or pastry flour is recommended for the most fluffy, tender-crumb buttermilk biscuits. BBR Biscuit-making tip #2: Mix the buttermilk into the dough *just* until the dough forms. Mixing and mixing and mixing can lead to tough biscuits.

Hey, hey y'all!

Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)

Turn the dough out onto your prepared surface, flour your hands, and knead it a few times. It will get easier to work with. Then place them into the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes while the oven is still preheating. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk. Gently mix using one hand or a rubber spatula, bringing the flour from the sides of the bowl into the buttermilk, just until a shaggy dough forms. Bake the frozen biscuits for 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheet after 15 minutes- until the biscuits have risen, and are golden brown. Serve hot out of the oven (ideally the best timing!) with a generous smear of softened butter or other accoutrements, if desired. Enjoy! Buttermilk: We simply cannot make us a batch of buttermilk biscuits without buttermilk. This ingredient provides acidity (lactic acid) to break down the gluten in the dough. Additionally, it acts as a wonderful tenderizer for the dreamiest, extra soft biscuits with a bit of a tang. Buttermilk is life!Place the shaped biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, arranging them about a 1/2-inch apart so the biscuits have room to puff up and rise. Then place them into the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes while the oven is still preheating. >> Note: do not skip the freezing step. After working the dough, the butter will have softened and the chill time ensures that the butter solidifies again. Plus, the colder they are, the higher they rise…chilled biscuits, chef’s kiss! BBR Biscuit-making tip #6: That extra touch of the melted butter and flaky salt is the icing on the proverbial cake…in this case, biscuit. The frozen biscuits soak up that extra buttery topping so beautifully…swoon 🧈 Let’s Talk About Types Of Flour Storing leftover biscuits: Keep leftover biscuits stored inside of an airtight bag or container. They’ll keep on the counter or in the fridge for 4-5 days. For the most luscious, tender-crumb buttermilk biscuits, I recommend using cake flour or pastry flour. But can I use all-purpose flour as a sub? Yes, all-purpose flour can be used interchangeably here. However, for the best textured biscuits that are tender and fluffy, use cake/pastry flour, friends 👌🏾 Notes, FAQs & More On Biscuits BBR Biscuit-making tip #3: This is where the biscuit dough transforms from a shaggy-looking mess to a more solid, dough mass. Again, you want to knead the dough *just* until it comes together, careful not to overwork.

Don’t add all the liquid at once. This recipe calls for 2 cups COLD buttermilk (regular milk will also do! DO NOT use less than 2% fat content though. That makes sad biscuits.). Start by adding just 1 1/2 cups. Combine and see where you are at with texture. Then add the remaining milk a little at a time. This can vary every time you make this recipe depending on how you measure your flour, the humidity in the air, etc. So it’s important. Moving with haste will ensure the cold ingredients are easy to work with and everything comes together nicely. There really is no Southern delight like a good ole Buttermilk Biscuit, y’all. They’re just so dang good, yuh! Be sure to tag @butterbeready in your BBR recipe creations, I sure love to see it when you do. Until next time! 🤟🏾 Love Southern-forward eats? Don’t miss our: Use lightly floured hands to knead the dough, using the heel of your palms to work the dough just until it comes together, careful not to overwork. The biscuit dough should go from shaggy-like to a fully incorporated mass. Baking powder: For the fluffiest, mile-high biscuits. Baking powder is the leavening agent of choice, preferably aluminum-free. Most folks probably aren’t even aware of this, but some baking powder brands have an aluminum ingredient in them. That ingredient can cause baked goods, like biscuits, to have a bitter, tinny, metal taste…that vibe is not welcome in our biscuits.Dust your work surface with a bit of flour and turn the dough out of the bowl onto the surface. Use lightly floured hands to knead the dough, using the heel of your palms to work the dough just until it comes together, careful not to overwork. The biscuit dough should go from shaggy-like to a fully incorporated mass. Not all flour is the same, so let’s discuss. Cake flour and pastry flour are considered fine-textured soft flours with a lower protein content than traditional all-purpose flour. Pastry flour has approximately 9 percent protein, and cake flour comes in a bit lower at 7-8 percent. And traditional, pantry staple all-purpose flour has about 10-12 percent. ⇢ The lower the protein content (less gluten), the more tender, light, and airy baked goods will be. Can I freeze unbaked biscuits? If you don’t want to bake all your biscuits off at one time, yes. Store unbaked biscuits inside of an airtight baggie and they’ll keep frozen for 2-3 months. The frozen biscuits can be baked right away, no need to thaw, just add a few more minutes to their baking time. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set out an un-greased baking sheet. Lining with parchment paper is optional.

RE-FLOUR. Once you are working through your pat-and-fold process, you will need to keep your flour handy. Scatter a little more under the dough as you work and re-flour your hands. It’ll make your biscuit life easier. Promise. Cake or pastry flour: For the most tender biscuits, I recommend using either cakeflour or pastryflour. These types of flour produce an extra tender, melt-in-your-mouth baked good because of the lower protein content associated with them as opposed to traditional all-purpose flour. Feel free to use all-purpose flour as a substitute, but be mindful of my note on overall biscuit texture. We’ll chat much more on this, further below. Generously flour a clean work surface and keep your flour nearby to dust your hands and the dough regularly. Biscuit servings: This recipe makes 12 large biscuits or about 16 medium-sized biscuits, depending on how you cut/stamp the dough.Place the shaped biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, arranging them about a 1/2-inch apart so the biscuits have room to puff up and rise. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and sea salt and whisk until well blended. Add the butter into the bowl and toss to coat. Listen, a good buttermilk biscuit is like a swoon-worthy chocolate chip cookie. Homemade biscuits might cause one to sweat and run for those store-bought refrigerated biscuits (ahem, and ain’t nothing at all wrong with them btw!). However, scratch-made biscuits are truly phenomenal, peeps. Buttermilk biscuits are a quintessential southern staple and downright delicious.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment