276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tooth And Nail: From the iconic #1 bestselling author of A SONG FOR THE DARK TIMES

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Congratulations. You have just done something very smart--something commendable and meritorious, as the people who write the SAT would probably put it. The book you're holding in your hands offers you a fun, effective way to prepare for the SAT.

Tooth and Nail: A Novel Approach to the SAT (A Harvest Test Tooth and Nail: A Novel Approach to the SAT (A Harvest Test

Once I put down my smut addiction and delved in earnest into this book, I loved the pacing, the story, the gore, even the present tense writing style that gave me some troubles in DiLouie's other novel, The Infection. Written from the persepective of the soldiers in the military, the book is filled with military jargon and expressions that add to the immediacy of the story in the same way the shifting narrative and the present tense writing style adds to a disorienting and rapid-pulse feeling for the reader. The writing is cumbersome and difficult to wade through, the tenses are not consistent, the dialogue is truncated and distant and the editing is nearly non-existent. Once the most damning evidence was gone, Sunny had no reason to keep the Shadow Lantern active, so he dismissed it as well.Rebus remembers the line "There are clues everywhere" at one point, a reference to the taunting messages he receives in Knots and Crosses. Our heroes are professional soldiers armed to the teeth with automatic weapons, and still have a hard time fending off the infected. This is one of the few books I've read that approaches the zombie apocalypse from where it started. And it shows how difficult it was for the soldiers both physically and mentally. They are sworn to protect the American people and now they have to kill some of them and leave others behind to fend for themselves. I enjoyed this book. It was in turn, heartbreaking, gory, thrilling and scary. Example #4: “The government is fighting tooth and nail to eradicate corruption, terrorism and other social issues from the country.”

Tooth and Nail (novel) - Wikipedia

With nothing better to do, he grabbed a severed chitin blade of one of the abominations and used it as a makeshift sword.

Absent are the 2 biggest clichés of the genre: the ordinary folk turned zombie slayer at the blink of an eye; and 'zombies are not the biggest threat'. Tooth and Nail starts with a disease that sweeps through the city with rapid pace, beginning as a virus with a high mortality rate, and morphing into a 'zombie' disease.

Tooth And Nail - Web Novel Pub Shadow Slave - Chapter 867: Tooth And Nail - Web Novel Pub

The pace is fast, and at first I found it slightly difficult to keep the characters straight in my mind - perhaps because as military, they seem to blend together more easily than say, a group of civilians. Surrounded by a swarm of Nightmare Creatures, Sunny fought while feeling extremely aggrieved. Things were not going great for him... he was extremely tired, bruised and battered, and worst of all, his essence was running dry. This is my first experience reading author Craig Dilouie and I was pretty impressed. Out of the dozens of zombie novels I’ve read over the years, this was the first to really focus on the military aspect of the plague (other than Jonathan Maberry’s PATIENT ZERO, but that concentrated more on an isolated covert operation and included only a sprinkling of zombie action) Usually the military is used in the periphery, but in TOOTH AND NAIL, Dilouie drags the reader not only into the middle of the action, but into the minds of the soldier. Like any group of people, you have the good and bad, the courageous and cowardly.

But it is not enough to stay alive. A man must also have something for which he wants to live as well." Gut-wrenching. Lots of military action, lingo, names, ranks, acronyms etc. I couldn't really follow who was who, but you get there. Really good, really scary and horrible. Lots of shooting and stabbing and dying. Always with the dying. But there is humor and there are good people doing their job even when it seems like they are the only ones doing it. Otra cosa que me sorprendió de esta novela es que realmente se da una explicación detallada, real y creíble del origen de la epidemia y eso se agradece completamente, no es como todas esas otras historia en las que nadie tiene idea de como surgió el virus. Además de que las escenas están muy bien descritas y el lector puede imaginarse cada una de las situaciones que presenta el autor. Tooth and Nail features "infected", not "zombies", and the virus is a genetically altered mutation of the rabies virus. So not exactly zombies, but similar, though it reads like a true zombie book.

Tooth and Nail by Craig DiLouie | Goodreads Tooth and Nail by Craig DiLouie | Goodreads

At that moment, the veil of shadows created by the Shadow Lantern finally dissipated. The Irregulars saw a stunning image... Antes de empezar con mi opinión debo decirles que he leído demasiados libros sobre zombis y por eso mis expectativas siempre son elevadas, dicho esto empezare por decirles que la calidad en la redacción de esta novela me impresiono bastante, en verdad es una historia muy bien contada (que al final de cuentas es lo que más importa) y un plus extra que tiene son los sub títulos que el autor a colocado a lo largo de toda la historia, una pequeña frase que encontramos al inicio de cada capitulo y que da un toque muy original (tipo diario) a este libro. I'm biased towards infected humans over the undead, both fast and slow ones, though novels with such antagonists are few and far between. This is one of them.The stone hive, which had been unified and deviously intelligent before, suddenly seemed to lose much of its coordination.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment