276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stone of Tears: Book 2 The Sword of Truth

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This list provides information about the purported properties of various precious gems and like substances: I won’t go into any more of the story than that as to prevent spoilers, but the book moves rather slow at the beginning and has a very sappy series of chapters between the two main characters. I feel that this is not something that is going to easily go away in this book series as it has significantly amplified in this book that in the previous one. Sexuality in Sword of Truth Kahlan has at last gained the one goal she had always thought was beyond her grasp ... love. Against all odds, the ancient bonds of secret oaths, and the dark talents of men long dead, Richard has won her heart. Amethyst: Besides denoting sincerity, this stone has the power to prevent drunkenness in those who wear it.

He didn't look down. He just shushed her. The thing put its leg over the wall and dropped down in front, still looking at her, still laughing. Its shiny eyes looked at Chase and Zedd. It hissed and then laughed as it hunched down. The thing tore at the vines as they pulled it to the ground, and was slicing through them with its sharp claws as the three of them went through the big doorway. Chase and Zedd each took one of the golden metal doors and pushed it shut. The east gate of the Stone is called the Dragonwall Gate. It has a stable nearby. Like all the gates, is approached from within the stone through a long dark tunnel. [4] External links [ ] Red coral is especially beneficial, offering protection to ships and houses against storms. This shade will also turn pale if its wearer's health takes a turn for the worse but will return to its original hue as the patient recovers. Emerald: Emeralds confer happiness on married couples. In some parts of the world, they are thought aphrodisiacs (which may have something to do with the previous point). Women who wear them during childbirth are said to endure less pain. They also counter dysentery and epilepsy, negate the effects of snakebite, and ward off witches. The blind are said to benefit from touching them.Finally, just over 80% of the way through, I reached a point where I just couldn’t take any more and resolved to set the book aside until I could face that level of hatred & violence again. Now, I get that Goodkind is setting the bad guys up as truly evil with these attitudes of theirs, but I am a woman and when I read all this violence and vitriol against women, it grinds me down. I hear enough of this shite in the news each day and reading it in this extreme form in literature too just feels like masochism. The Good? While there isn't much improvement in the writing over the first book, the quality doesn't really go down in this book. It's still pretty well written, if clunky at times. I think this one could have used maybe a little more editorial influence, but as a whole, the writing is pretty good for someone who had only written one book ever at the time of it's publication. (including unpublished works) The Sword of Truth is a series authored by Terry Good kind; an American writer born in Omaha Nebraska 1948. The first book of the series that is, Wizards First Rule was written in 1994. The books in the novel series follow a definite timeline and chronological flow of events that ensures the reader is both entertained and engaged by the events taking place in the book.

The walls are strong enough to deter any siege engine, though until recently there had never been a chance to test the effects of the One Power or Aludra's Dragons against them.

Turquoise: This stone is an emblem of prosperity, fetching both happiness and good fortune to those who don it. At one time, it was believed to prevent dissension between husband and wife. Also, when given with an open heart, it is said to remove ill feelings that previously existed between the gift's giver and its recipient. It is also whispered to be effective at rousing sexual passion.

Audio Note 1: The official version of the series was narrated by Jim Bond. He is not awful but does not bring the story to life and actually manages to make it sound a bit boring with the way his narration drones on. That's what I'm thinking. The problem is where. There are things to take into consideration. I need to take Adie to Aydindril and study the prophecies with her before I know for sure what to do with the stone, and what to do about the boxes."

Customer reviews

Zedd, Chad and now Chad’s adopted daughter Rachel are still at the People’s Palace, and encounter a beast from the underworld. This sets into motion consequences from The Wizards First Rule. It’s in the first couple chapters that we learn the direction this book will be taking and a new ancient evil that is much worse than even Darken Raul himself. While I am on his squad I have to take a moment to talk about the Gar. The cuteness relief was perfect and the moral lesson from it was perfect as well. Zedd looked up at Chase from under his eyebrows. "If it's what I think it is, and it were to fall into the wrong hands, ‘dangerous' wouldn't even begin to describe it." Richard misinterprets Kahlan's intentions, believing that she no longer loves him. Completely devastated, Richard submits to the Sisters, and leaves with them in search of a cure for his headaches. A sighting from 1646 asserts "A diamond laid under the pillow, will betray the incontinency of a wife." How the stone is said to perform that duty is not stated, though.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment