276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mind Fuel: Simple Ways to Build Mental Resilience Every Day

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You know, I've never met a strong person who has an easy past. It's why I wrote this book. You know, I wanted to be able to reach out to the regular people who kind of have been involved in some battles in life and they're clawing and fighting their way through it.

But as soon as I started reading Mind Fuel , it became clear that this is not a puffy self help guide by a celebrity. His co-author is Will Van Der Hart, an Anglican Priest, executive coach, and the director of the Mind and Soul Foundation. Bear and Will did their homework. They consulted with numerous psychiatrists and psychologists to put together a book that offers a very approachable practice to better mental health.

Special offers and product promotions

Some people may think that our response to stress is something that we can all easily control. But this is not true. There are some causes of stress that are beyond our control. And some ways of managing stress and building resilience are not always available to us. In 2023, with all the wonders of the modern world, is knowing how to survive in the wild still relevant? People go, God, are you super positive? It's like, you gotta be joking. Nobody's super positive at four 30 in the morning when it's cold outside. Nobody's super brave. Nobody's super determined. The terms 'resilience' and 'managing stress' can mean different things to different people. We might understand them differently because our experiences shape how we feel stress, and how easily we can respond to it. Paddy: Bear Grylls can walk across a desert with no supplies and be okay. He can eat super gross stuff and be okay. And he can trudge the path of positive mental health with tiny steps of doing the next right thing. But what I find most interesting about him, is that he is absolutely convinced that the rest of us are just as capable of doing all these things.

Paddy: Being inherently camera shy is hardly the biggest mental hurdle that Bear has had to overcome. When he was twenty-one years old and serving in the British military, he nearly died in a skydiving accident in Kenya. His parachute failed to open, he slammed to the earth and fractured three vertebrae. Bear was in intense physical therapy for a year and even today still manages pain due to his injuries.

Bear Grylls: Mental strength accompanied by physical strength and with a clear spirituality is a winning combo that we can all develop. We can’t be truly strong if we are only strong physically. We are built for so much more. And the great survivors know the power of the mind and spirit working in tangent with the physical. It’s a life journey to get there. And I think why this sort of conversation is so important for people is to know that you're no different. That the great lie is that yours is deeper and harder and darker than anything. It's a great lie. When we are very stressed, these things might not feel possible. And at any time, they might feel tiring or stressful themselves. But if you feel able to do so, some things you could try include: You know, every day I meet better climbers, better survivalists, better skydivers, better this, better TV hosts. You know, the TV makes everything look great, the music's great. They edit out the trips, the falls, mistakes, the failures. But I can tell you my life, my heart is riddled with them and I don't apologize for them. I've got many scars, marks, wrinkles, inside and out. But the beautiful thing is those very things are our stories and they are our connection. This episode of the Outside Podcast is brought to you by the Golden Isles, a destination off the coast of Georgia that’s one of the best adventure getaways in the country. Learn more at goldenisles.com. That’s golden-I-S-L-E-S dot com.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment