276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Peak Design Camera Cube (Medium)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Obviously, some of the criteria are highly subjective. Whether a camera ‘looks cool’ or not was left to me and my wife to decide, and you may not agree with our taste! There are a number of different attachment points for skis, trekking poles, or tripods, and it comes with space for a hydration bladder, an all-weather rain cover, and an ActivZone harness to keep things from bouncing too much while running or jumping. The bag is fairly narrow and hugs the body well, making it easy to do things like climbing.

Ian from Shimoda sent me the Explore to review, and I was immediately impressed. You could see that a ton of thought had gone into it, which isn’t surprising given his past experience at F-Stop Gear and his love for both photography and mountaineering. Camera inserts are modular in design, meaning you can tailor the layout to fit your specific cameras and lenses, along with accessories such as memory cards and spare batteries.If I had to guess, while the Large will continue to be the choice for professionals and camera enthusiasts requiring a full suite of organisation, the XSmall and SMedium may end up being the most popular due to the XSmall’s compact size to attach a SlideLite Strap onto, and the Smedium potentially being friendlier for some 20-30L bags. One of the big pluses of this bag. At a mere 3.2 lbs, the Aspect comes in at one of the lightest camera bags of this size and calibre. Most camera cubes, regardless of manufacturer share the design philosophy of a pseudo rectangular open space, which is further broken up by adjustable dividers and Peak Design’s Camera Cubes are no different. Using the full capacity 15 or 20L of the Everyday Zip is actually easier than on other bags, thanks to the 270-degree zippered opening and wide access points. You can fit a couple of cameras, lenses, laptops and multiple accessories, with space on the bottom to strap a tripod.

Camera inserts are complemented with a zipper closure, such as YKK zippers, for additional protection, with weatherproofed outer shells.While not exactly unique, the hydration-system compatibility is appreciated and fairly rare in camera bags. This bag wasn’t really designed to carry much. It’ll fit a mirrorless with an attached lens, one extra lens (under 100mm), and few accessories like a GoPro or a hard drive. It doesn’t officially have room for a laptop, but you can get around that by unzipping the divider between the compartments on one side and slipping it down through the top. It does, however, fit an 8″ tablet in a separate sleeve. The XSmall and Small sizes are ideal for mirrorless cameras, drones and light camera carry you can use on their own. Simply attach a Peak Design Slide Strap to the external carry attachment points and you’re good to go. In summary, this means that the second version of the cube can be used exactly like the first version with respect to the lid, and if using this feature, the lid can almost completely be hidden away if the padding is removed. It takes some practice to flip it around and access the camera compartment without taking the bag off. Otherwise, everything is standard.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment