276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Atlas of Adventures: A collection of natural wonders, exciting experiences and fun festivities from the four corners of the globe.

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unearth the glorious mysteries that lie beneath our feet with 15 fun and fact-filled poems about soil--what it is, how it's made, and who lives in it! From the team behind the best-selling Atlas of Adventures comes this awe-inspiring journey of discovery.

Atlas of Adventures: Travel Edition - Waterstones

Filled with landscapes that give you a sense of the animals, birds in the natural wonders of this book but also the in-depth detail of the architectural wonders, for example the under the lens view of the decor of the Taj Mahal.It’s organized in a very comprehensible way and can easily be read over time, but younger children will most certainly not sit all the way through it. From the team behind the best-selling Atlas of Adventures comes this awe-inspiring journey of discovery. So, books like this aren't merely an eat-your-spinach nod by publishers to good reading; they are popular and well liked.

Atlas of Adventures: Wonders of the World - Waterstones Atlas of Adventures: Wonders of the World - Waterstones

I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers. The facts are easy to understand and give you a real sense of each the places this book visits throughout.Explore the sprawling and sacred Angkor Wat, survive the extreme heat of Death Valley, and gaze at the majestic ruins of Machu Picchu. The drawing for that last one is particularly well-detailed, but on the other hand the Alhambra left a bit to be desired, since I know it so well. The introductory paragraphs give the important facts and provide fascinating information about the different wonders and the illustrations of the wonders are large, bold and beautifully coloured. Children and adults alike will be astounded by the world’s most unbelievable sights in this compendium of wonders. With flaps and holes to peek underneath and through, noisy parrots, silly monkeys, very tall giraffes and lots more are revealed.

Atlas of Adventures: A collection of natural wonders Atlas of Adventures: A collection of natural wonders

Wonders of the World," again, does not disappoint and I highly recommend any parents to consider adding this book to their libraries. I spotted this huge book in the library and had to borrow it; I loved all the sharks and whales swimming about on the cover. I really like this book, I found it useful and very insteresting to read - it has a nice layout and nice drawings inside, so you can enjoy your "journey" through the Adventures a lot more. Atlas of Adventures is a huge - and rather yellow - book, and it's one I would have read endlessly as a child.

Thank you to NetGalley, Lucy Letherland and Wide Eyed Editions for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Atlas of Adventures | Centre for Literacy in Primary Education Atlas of Adventures | Centre for Literacy in Primary Education

You’ll get to go to sleep under the Northern Lights, meet millions of monarch butterflies in the boreal forests of Mexico’s volcanic mountains, shower with an elephant in Chiang Mai, and go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, among many other amazing adventures. The endpapers are a delight: the front sheets are covered with monarch butterflies, while the back pages depict penguins, swimming off at the bottom right corner of the spread.The art is just my style- I really enjoyed it- and reading books like this was something I got really into as a kid. I plan to purchase this book and give it as a gift to lots of people to encourage children to be excited about all the great things the world has to offer. The wonders introduced in this book aren't comprehensive as expected but they are representative or unique in nature. Atlas of Adventures: A collection of natural wonders, exciting experiences and fun festivities from the four corners of the globe.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment