276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bodies

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bodies’ third installment sees Detective Sergeant Shahara Hasan’s investigation in 2014 set among the chaos of race riots, and the final part of the series is told by a woman named Maplewood in a futuristic era set in 2050 when a techno-apocalypse scrambles civilian minds. Basically the collection (8 series joined together in one edition) jumps frequently between four different detectives in London over four time periods. Edmond Hillinghead in the 1890s, Karl Whiteman in the 1940s, Shahara Hasan in 2014, and Maplewood in 2050. Each detective finds a dead body, a weird symbol, and frequent lines said to them, "You are loved." To the negative, as I said, I just couldn’t quite tease out all the meaning in the various storylines. I know generally what happened and the storyline is reasonably satisfying but there are so many loose ends in my head that I think it would take a couple more readings to properly sort out. The text isn’t terribly dense it’s just that there are so many threads and there is little visual difference between some characters to properly tell them apart. Adding to that the rapid switches between timelines make it difficult to know not only who is acting but also when they are in time and where they are. It is certainly a bit of a puzzle.

Netflix Bodies dedication explained: Who is Si Spencer?

England and Englishness are central to Bodies - it's essentially a story of identity and culture. I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that this not really a murder mystery at all, and the corpse, reappearing in the same location to different people at different times - people whose speech and thoughts carry occasional echoes of one another - has a symbolic significance to England. Bodies ending explained: Why did Iris Maplewood show up in the taxi in the final moments of the show? The premise is phenomenal. The 4 time periods, brilliantly depicted by 4 different artists, giving each period its own distinct look and feel. Each artist does a tremendous job of bringing their time period to life. I was initially attracted to this book because of my interest in Tula Lotay's art, and was happy to see the contrasts and strengths of the other artists as well. LONDON, 2050. As the mind-scrambling pulsewave plagues the last survivors of a terrifying techno-apocalypse, the amnesiac young woman known only as Maplewood can barely understand the body she’s discovered. But this ritual killing is identical to those from decades past-and the link between them all is stronger, and stranger, than anyone could dream…DNF! Din't like the art, dind't like the story. Well, I liked the part from 2014, but the rest was frankly just boring and the art made my head hurt! Damn you nice cover! The first inspector, the dedicated Edmond Hillinghead, investigates the murder of an unidentified male in the 1890s. His initial discovery of the crime is then followed by Inspector Charles Whiteman’s investigation in 1940 while the Blitz ravages London. Each character is tasked with investigating the murder of an unknown man found in Longharvest Lane with similarities cropping up for each. Besides the identical victim in each era, a double h symbol “HH” appears for them all and phrases like “Know You Are Loved” are repeated.

Bodies review – Stephen Graham’s thrilling cop drama leaves Bodies review – Stephen Graham’s thrilling cop drama leaves

Script Doctor's 100 More Writing Tips For TV and Film (Lulu.com, September 2010, ISBN 1-4461-9401-9)The Vinyl Underground #1–12 (with Simon Gane and Cameron Stewart, ongoing series, Vertigo, December 2007 – November 2008) collected as: Si Spencer (1961 – 16 February 2021) [1] [2] was a British comic book writer and TV dramatist and editor whose work appeared in British comics such as Crisis. He often collaborated with Dean Ormston and later moved to the American comics industry. Si Spencer was a British comic book writer and TV dramatist and editor, with his work appearing in British comics such as Crisis, before he moved to the American comics industry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment