276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morrisons British Beef Bones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I get these for my dog (he can't eat the bones as they don't agree with him), I make a bone broth in the slow cooker for him and it's so good for them. If you think bone broth is too funky, you've probably had to suffer through a mug or bowl that was made without blanching. For anyone looking to include bone broth as part of an already balanced and healthy diet and lifestyle, enjoy anywhere from 2-4 cups daily. At the other end of the scale, some dog owners that follow the BARF (bones and raw food) diet for their dogs feed their dogs almost exclusively on raw meaty bones, and consider this to be the healthiest way to feed their dogs.

The funny thing is that in my experience making over 250,000 L of broth over the years, knuckle bones work better than marrow (aka soup) bones for soup. The fat you skim off bone broth during the cooking process and once it has cooled is rich in flavor. Back before the pet food industry really took off and when dogs were mainly kept in working roles, the staple diet of the dog almost always consisted of raw bones and off cuts of bony, gristly meat of all varieties. Bones are essential in a raw diet to provide necessary calcium and other nutrients which play a vital role in creating firm stool, but it is important to only feed raw meaty bones safe for consumption. All you need are a few veggies, a little chicken, and some of this broth and your soup will taste AMAZING!You can learn more about skimming and my other secrets in my expose on mistakes people make cooking broth. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Raw feet have a high amount of ligaments and connective tissues which is a great source of naturally occurring collagen and chondroitin. Scrape up any brown bits and juices remaining in the roasting pan using a metal spatula and a little water, if needed, and divide between the two pots (don’t worry, all those brown bits are FLAVOR!

Reduce heat to low and simmer, with the lid slightly ajar, skimming any foam or excess fat, as needed. In this particular beef bone broth recipe, I have added a mixture of knucklebones, short ribs, oxtail, and femur bones. If raw meaty bones are not included in raw diets, a calcium supplement is warranted to ensure the diet provides sufficient levels of calcium for optimal health.Add the celery, bay leaves and peppercorns and cover with cold water – it should come about 5cm/2in above the contents of the pan. The purpose is to remove impurities, coagulated protein, and blood which ultimately results in a cleaner, better tasting broth. Wire mesh strainer– inexpensive but completely necessary, you need a wire mesh strainer to strain the delicious broth from the bones and vegetables. Turkey drumsticks (legs) and drumettes (wing portion) bones are very dense and splinter when broken.

The nutritional value of soup bones comes down to the amount of connective tissue and bone marrow within them.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

License:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment