276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What Remains?: Life, Death, Ritual and the Human Art of Undertaking

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

SARAH VINE: Royal biographer Omid Scobie may be a leech... but the treachery of Harry was so much worse Huw Edwards 'to leave BBC after being given inquiry findings' into his alleged behaviour following sex pic scandal

Call me morbid or call me realistic; in the last decade and a half I have read a lot of books about death, including terminal illness and bereavements. I’ve even read several nonfiction works by American mortician Caitlin Doughty. But I’ve not read anything quite like punk undertaker Rupert Callender’s manifesto about modern death and how much we get wrong in our conceptualization and conversations. It was poignant to be reading this in the weeks surrounding Queen Elizabeth II’s death – a time when death got more discussion than usual, yes, but when there was also some ridiculous pomp that obscured the basic human facts of it.Bobby Brazier's Strictly tribute to Jade Goody moves judges Shirley Ballas, Anton Du Beke and actor's father Jeff to tears Tiffany Haddish, 43, is seen for the FIRST TIME since her DUI arrest after she fell asleep at the wheel in the middle of the street Megan Thee Stallion reveals she will be 'stingy' when it comes to sex as the rapper is 'turning over a new leaf' in dating life: 'I'm not a freak anymore' Strictly viewers fear Angela Scanlon will be the next dancer leaving the competition after she was dealt devastating blow Emily Ratajkowski shows off her taut abs in a brown bralette top on night out in New York City... before joining Irina Shayk courtside

They took me to their forest HQ at Dartington Hall, where Simon was laid out on a funeral bier in their chapel of rest like some medieval king. Dan Walker is seen for the first time after detailing his horror cancer scare as he arrives at Strictly studios to watch BBC show This is the memoir of an unconventional, to say the least, undertaker. When we first meet the author he is engaged in making crop circles in nearby fields and nearing burnout. Rupert, Ru for short, was 29, a Trustafarian who had burned through his inheritance from his mother on dodgy schemes and even dodgier friends. He had spent the ‘90’s in acid culture and raves and was wondering what next? Where does a love of 90’s raves take you in life? Strangely enough he decides to become an undertaker.Strictly Come Dancing's Vito Coppola sends fans wild with his VERY racy comment to rumoured girlfriend Ellie Leach: 'Did he just say that live on the BBC?' There’s a definite air of the shaman about Ru in the way that he conducts ceremonies and encourages mourners to do it their way. His funerals sounded more like ceremonies, a fitting send off. And then there was his involvement with Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty of the legendary KLF and the Toxteth Day of the Dead and the Boney Pyramid….

Part memoir, part rant against the traditional funeral business, part manifesto, part just musing on death and facing it with compassion and courage. It’s lovely and thoughtful and may make you rethink a few things.' On the couch: FIVE surprising ways you can use a psychology degree - from clinical and occupational to forensic psychologyDoctor Who 60th Anniversary: Viewers left 'sobbing' after Wilf's fate is revealed after actor Bernard Cribbins died aged 93 Radical, poignant, unflinchingly real and laugh-aloud funny, What Remains? will change the way you think about life, death and the human experience. Callender doesn't think that you should organise your own funeral. He believes that this is for your family

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment