276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fayne: Ann-Marie MacDonald

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Definitions and other text are available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Weighing in at 736 pages, Fayne , Ann-Marie MacDonald’s magnificent fourth novel, is a hefty read, yet never does it feel too long. The narrative also forces the reader to evaluate and re-evaluate characters, attitudes and social norms – a thought-provoking read all round.

The Person below me, Reinhart’s comment about not using her for any content based upon how her AI reacts, tells me he’s someone who doesn’t use strategy and relies on Auto to pass his content so I would be wary to take him seriously but to each their own. The bird that Charlotte and her father create from bits and pieces of other birds serves as a symbol of our unwillingness to accept differences. Fayne was perpetually deceptive and misleading, almost incapable of showing her true feelings and intent, even when it would be to her benefit. She appears to currently have a bug (22 Oct 2020) that is allowing Warmaster to proc on both hits of her A1, so enjoy it while you can!The whole effect was nothing if not runic and for a mad moment I wondered whether my tutor had transcribed Byrn’s dialect. It’s a page turner alright, I turned the pages and scanned the book, my gawd the author blathers on forEVER.

This colourful tapestry, interwoven with fortune, tragedy, and empathy, provides the backdrop for Charlotte’s struggle to transcend oppressive cultural conditioning and protect a body that diverges from society’s cookie-cutter standards. I did have to go back to review some of the details in the beginning chapters, which may have been easier to do with a paper book. Whet your appetite with this extract in which the budding gifts of Charlotte reveal themselves through a developing bond with her chemistry tutor. The procs are independent from one another, each hit has their own chance to proc as I have seen several variations to confirm they’re not linked.

Beautifully written, “Fayne” covers intense subject matter, including intricate parent-child relationships, infant loss and infertility, sex (both of the physical kind and the identification of a physical gender-and its related stereotypes) and for a historical novel, it holds extreme relevance and importance. Fayne earned her coin through petty theft and by writing stories for a scandalous broadsheet known as the "Mocking Minstrel", where she was known as Satin Rutshere.

Charlotte may have read a vast section of her father’s library but she’s also naive in so many other ways and way too trusting of people and their motivations. So mystical, so provocative — from a philosophical, scientific, and spiritual sense I marveled at Ann-Marie’s ability to interweave things. It's a very long novel and -for me- too many of it's 800 pages are given over to that part of the story and unfortunately -again for me- I just never again find the joy I experienced reading the first quarter or so- of the book.

You’ve got her masteries listed as offense and support, but you have a couple pictures that are showing offense and defense as her masteries. Our ratings define the roles that the champion fits and rates them on their ability to perform the roles. When Charlotte’s appetite for learning threatens to exceed the bounds of the estate, her father breaks with tradition and hires a tutor to teach his daughter ‘as you would my son, had I one’.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment