276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One final way that your past can shine a spotlight on the person you are (or wish to be) is by analyzing your regrets. Three of the most popular are the Big Five personality traits, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®, and the Enneagram Type Indicator.

Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World

Encourage yourself to make/keep plans with your friends, even though sitting inside alone watching friendships on TV seems way better.As an introvert, there were a few key takeaways from the book about putting myself out there and making an effort to build my village, but there weren't enough takeaways for me to recommend this book to others unless they fall into that small group I think would benefit from this group. Taking these tests will open up a huge window into the type of person you are. 2. Observe Your Feelings Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” ~Unknown We all have a unique personality, but it is possible to categorize the various things that make up who we are. Key takeaways -- It takes a lot of time to develop deep friendships so invest in trying to build up many hours of time with people. Be vulnerable and honest. Have tough, unpleasant conversations. Most important to Allen is that you seek out friendships where you spend a lot of time so you see those people all the time. She says it doesn't matter if you're not close in age or share a lot of things in common but you need to have relationships where you can be in each other's lives and do things like drop by unannounced. She also advocates telling your friends everything and asking things of them.

Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You) 5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)

What are the underlying reasons that you wish for these things? How does this translate into your current beliefs, values, and behaviors? At one point during childhood I even made up a story in my head about how I had been placed with my family as an experiment to see how someone would grow up with people who barely even shared the same language. I’m sure a lot of kids had similar thoughts. This step is particularly useful for those who are looking to find themselves again after losing touch with what matters. 7. Look To The Future So you should end up with a strong sense of identity, know your place in the world, be able to imagine a different future, and feel content with your life in general. Online therapy is actually a good option for many people. It’s more convenient than in-person therapy and is more affordable in a lot of cases. And you get access to the same level of qualified and experienced professional.

Some fresh advice on identifying and searching for your own community, from business innovator Nilofer Merchant.

The New York Times bestselling author of Get Out of Your Head offers practical solutions for creating true community, the kind that's crucial to our mental and spiritual health. What have you done that you really wish you hadn’t? What can this teach you about your core values? How would you act if faced with a similar situation today? Community type #1: practice. This type of group is united by a common activity. Alex’s colleagues were all creative types who were interested in different aspects of web development. Practice, however, is not limited to professional activities; it also applies to hobbies and interests, like French speakers or marathon runners. One good way to find others with mutual interests is through an online search.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment