276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Olive Tree: The bestselling story of secrets and love under the Cyprus sun

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Helena meets Alexis, her first love, it destabilises her relationship with her husband. Do you think this is a common phenomenon? Creo que está muy bien documentada y ambientada, los lugares de ensueño, las costumbres, las leyendas y la mitología. To be fair, Lucinda Riley has been popping up on my radar for some time now, so when The Olive Tree was gifted to me at Christmas I was super excited to jump straight in. When Helena meets her childhood sweetheart by chance, a chain of events is set in motion that threatens to make her past and present collide. Both Helena and Alex know that life will never be the same, once Pandora's secrets have been revealed.

En cuanto a la construcción de la historia y personajes, definitivamente la recomiendo, porque en parte recuerda a una obra teatral, cuyos personajes a simple vista, se ve que tienen una función concreta que interpretar, pero el talento de Lucinda hace que nos sorprendamos para bien con varios de ellos, al salirse del molde. En especial, destaco a Chloe y Jules, por la evolución que tienen. Bueno ahora si con mi opinión y quiero decir que me ha parecido una historia sencilla pero bien real y bonita, la autora no recurre demasiado al drama desagradable o sin sentido y eso que se encuentra en ese género, pero la forma en que esta narrado, ambientado y junto con esos personajes tan maravillosos se ha convertido en una lectura que disfrute de principio a fin. The book is not only narrated by Helena, but also by Alex’s childhood diaries. How did you find this glimpse into his character? Do you believe this was an accurate representation of a 13-year-old’s voice? Helena makes the difficult decision of hiding the truth about Alex’s father from him. Do you think she had good reason to do this?

Subscribe to Lucinda’s Readers Club

This book is a departure for you because it is primarily set in the present day. Were there any particular challenges in writing a book like this and did you feel confident that your readers would enjoy this as much as your others? Relatado perfectamente como siempre lo hace Lucinda, no se olvida de ningún detalle y no deja ni un cabo suelto, por cierto las escenas de los peques son encantadoras y llenas de dulzura. Todos los personajes están ahí por algo, poco a poco toda se va hilando perfectamente y todos y cada uno de ellos son necesarios.

Yet Helena knows that the idyllic beauty of Pandora masks a web of secrets she has kept from William, her husband, and Alex, her son. At the difficult age of thirteen, Alex is torn between protecting his beloved mother, and growing up. And equally, he is desperate to learn the truth about his real father . . . Alex is a boy of rare high intelligence at 13 he is clever and perceptive beyond his years, this becomes more apparent later on in the book. Things change when William’s friend Sacha and his family are due to be staying with them as Helena with the help of a certain someone get the dilapidated house into a liveable condition.

Subscribe to our mailing list

Though she brought up her four children mostly in Norfolk in England, in 2015 Lucinda fulfilled her dream of buying a remote farmhouse in West Cork, Ireland, which she always felt was her spiritual home, and indeed this was where her last five books were written. Lucinda was diagnosed with cancer in 2017 and died in June 2021 I cannot help but become totally immersed in Lucinda Riley's stories. Her characters become friends, flawed but irresistible. This is a book that I will read/listen to again.

Other projects include ‘ The Guardian Angels’ series of books for children, written in collaboration with her eldest son, Harry. Me enamore de Alex nada más comenzar este libro, Alex es especial, es de esas personas que ven las cosas donde otros no lo ven. The book touches on issues of class in the different ways that Alex and Rupert are raised, and the lifestyle that Sacha has created for his family. How do class constraints affect the characters? There are a lot of allusions to the myth of Pandora’s Box, and to Aphrodite and Adonis. How do you find this mirrors the events of the story?

There are only a few authors that no matter the theme or size of the book their stories are always filled with magical characters I can't get enough of and stories that are so atmospheric and vivid I'm entertained, enthralled and swept away and Lucinda Riley is one of them. She has the incredible ability to take her innate knowledge of all the psychological and emotional entanglements found in nuclear families and weave them into a story you can't put down. I absolutely loved this book and will now try my hardest to patiently await her next release. Esta historia está llena de historias, se hacen algún guiños a algún que otro libro, como por ejemplo: "Lejos del mundanal ruido" y "Peter Pan". Alex, on the other hand, actually was perfect. I can’t express enough how much I enjoyed his ‘voice’, even towards the end of the book when he was no longer a teen, but an early-twenty-something. If not for Alex this would have been a very drab read indeed. But because of Alex, I know that Ms Riley is a great writer, and because of Alex I will pursue Ms. Riley’s other books and give them a fair chance. La mayor distinción que le doy a este libro es sin duda, su propia trama. Usualmente, las novelas de Lucinda Riley se dividen en dos arcos argumentales, la trama pasada y la del presente, donde muchas veces terminamos por encantarnos más por un lado que por el otro, o donde uno tiene más peso que el otro. Me gustó mucho descubrir que aquí no pasa lo mismo. Es cierto que la novela comienza con un vistazo del futuro, pero diría, a mi punto de vista, que esto se utiliza más como un flashforward y la verdad es que funciona muy bien para adentrarnos en la trama y saber qué ocurrirá. Al mismo tiempo, otro dato que me parece curioso es que la sinopsis nos da a entender que esta es una novela romántica y lo es en parte, pero también me pareció una novela de suspenso, con la sensación de que la tranquilidad era pasajera y que, en el momento menos pensado, todo haría ebullición. Obviamente, no les diré si pasa o no.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment