276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Piledriver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

FR: We’d come to a point with Pye Records where we were kind of manufactured somewhat. We were taken out and told what to wear, what to play, how to do. We had a crossover with managers and we were doing something similar to what we’re doing now, but Pye really didn’t see it. Aaaaaay-o! Aaaaaay-o! Why Live Aid was the greatest show of all". The Independent. Archived from the original on 24 May 2022 . Retrieved 13 July 2020. On 20 September 2010, Status Quo was honoured with a PRS for Music plaque commemorating their first gig at the Welcome Inn in Well Hall Road, Eltham, where the band first performed in 1967. [30] Offiziellecharts.de – Status Quo – Piledriver" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved November 8, 2023. JC: I’ve always played a lot of stuff with what they call four-on-the-floor, four beats to the bar on the bass drum. Played hard and loud, that’s what makes the people leap up and down and do that Quo dance, shuffle. A lot of drummers don’t play four-on-the-floor, they do two to the bar, it doesn’t work, you have to play four to the bar, for the shuffle, which I’m pleased to say I’m good at.

It’s the marker, isn’t it? It’s the ‘BANG! Yes! You found it.' Like now we know where we are and we can go on,” says Alan Lancaster. “On Piledriver, we nailed it. We really found ourselves, we found our sound.” The opening song, "Don't Waste My Time" was written by Francis Rossi and Bob Young in the soon-to-be trademark shuffle style the group would become famous for. The lyrics complain about a girl not being serious about a relationship and messing around. The song became a live favourite, and frequently got audiences bouncing around at gigs. [3] Status Quo – Further to various previous announcements and..." Facebook. 28 October 2016. Archived from the original on 26 February 2022 . Retrieved 29 November 2016. An out-of-court settlement was made in January 1986, enabling the new Status Quo line-up to continue recording In The Army Now, for which "Naughty Girl" was reworked as "Dreamin'". Lancaster remained in Australia, and in 1986 joined an Australian supergroup, The Party Boys, featuring Angry Anderson of Rose Tattoo, John Brewster of the Angels and Kevin Borich, but achieved little success outside Australia. Lancaster left Status Quo formally in 1987.FR: We used to sit in a circle at the IBC Studios in Portland Place, London. We’d be making the album, there’s the smell of kebabs and we’d be smoking joints. Patti Parfitt: Laughing All over the World: My Life Married to Status Quo. Blake Publishing Ltd, October 1998, ISBN 1-85782-198-X VE Day 70, Horse Guards Parade, review: 'rousing ovations and spiffing period dress' ". telegraph.co.uk. 10 May 2015. Archived from the original on 11 January 2022 . Retrieved 8 September 2016.

Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park – Status Quo". bbc.co.uk. 11 September 2016 . Retrieved 11 September 2016. a b Young, Bob (2000). Status Quo: Just Doin' It! (1sted.). London: Cassell Illustrated. p.27. ISBN 1-84403-562-X. The launch of the beer came at the start of 2014, which has proved to be another incredibly successful and increasingly busy year for the band; things really are coming to a head for both the Quo and Piledriver! Their twenty-ninth studio album, Quid Pro Quo, was released in a deluxe format exclusively at Tesco on 30 May 2011. The regular edition was released elsewhere on 7 June. The album peaked at number 10 in the UK chart.

Statistics

For Status Quo it’s all part of an extremely busy touring year and one that has also seen the re-release of an expanded version of the classic ‘Piledriver’ album in March (Universal Records). FR: It’s not necessarily my decision to end it now, but it can’t go on without me, and I’m not going! [laughs] I think it’s fine to have it one more time and then that’s it.

AL: We realised we had to get out of it because they would always see us as the glammy pop band that we were being marketed as at the time. But it was such a natural change we probably would have made Piledriver as it is either way. But Vertigo came and they gave us a free hand to go into the studio and self-produce.John Coghlan: I remember we were in Germany in a club and this ‘Roadhouse Blues’ came on and the audience loved it, they were leaping about, having a good time, so we put it in our set and it paid off. The 1996 re-issue of the album Too-Rye-Ay by Dexys Midnight Runners contained a cover version of "Marguerita Time". Bob Young: Quotographs– Celebrating 30 Years of Status Quo, IMP International Music Publications Limited, 1985, ISBN 1-85909-291-8

A box set of sessions, live concerts and TV appearances at the BBC was released on 25 October 2010, titled Live at the BBC. The full 7CD + 1DVD version covers almost all appearances, while the 2CD and 4CD versions present some highlights. The DVD was also released individually. National News: Coles bags Status Quo for latest ad campaign". Heraldsun.com.au . Retrieved 26 October 2013. Therefore if you visit one of our shows you only will get to hear songs from the era of "original-frantic-four-line-up" (1970 - 1981) - and self penned material of course that comes along in the old familiar sound of the "golden era" of SQ... By the time of their next studio set, Hello, the new Quo sound was on its way to No.1, and the band were certainly making up for lost time. The 4.3% malty amber ale launched exclusively into J D Wetherspoon pubs in February and has since been available in a wide range of pubs since April – Marston’s owned pubs, Enterprise Inns, Punch Taverns, Town and City pubs and the free trade.Simpson, George (24 June 2017). "Status Quo: Francis Rossi illness forces band to postpone concert". Express.co.uk . Retrieved 8 July 2017. Eduard Soronellas Vidal (2008 – Spanish). Status Quo: Sobran Acordes, foreword by John 'Rhino' Edwards. Barcelona: Lenoir Ediciones. ISBN 978-84-938163-9-1

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment