276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MEZCLA: Recipes to Excite

£14£28.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ixta is an alchemist with flavour. Thrilling recipes full of life and imagination. I can't wait to cook everything.' Jessie Ware Personally I wish I'd had this book during summer tomato season, because a lot of these recipes are about making a tomato sing. JAMES BEARD AWARD NOMINEE •100 recipes for everyday eating with built-in wow factor, from the Ottolenghi protégé and co-author of Ottolenghi Flavor shaking up the food world. Mezcla, meaning ‘mixture’ in Spanish, is a celebration of fusion food and represents a journey through author Ixta Belfrage’s childhood experiences of Italy, Brazil and Mexico. You may recognise Ixta as the co-author of Flavour alongside benevolent culinary overlord Yotam Ottolenghi.

First make sure to soak the rice for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When you’re ready to start cooking, turn the oven broiler to the highest setting.Ixta is what we all long for in a cook. Innovative, passionate, exciting and accessible.' Andi Oliver For the roasted strawberries, place all the ingredients in an ovenproof dish just big enough to fit the strawberries in a single layer. They should be snug, but not piled on top of each other. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Set aside to cool. Ixta is what we all long for in a cook—innovative, passionate, exciting, and accessible.” —Andi Oliver, London-based chef and TV host All-in-all, the recipes in this book are creative, exciting, easy to follow, and more than half of what we tested were a smash. It's quite a ride.' Diana Henry' Ixta is an alchemist with flavour. Thrilling recipes full of life and imagination. I can't wait to cook everything.' Jessie Ware Everyday eating with built in wow factor - from the Ottolenghi protégé shaking up the food world.

The recipe I’ve chosen is the rapturous (and vegan-friendly) Tomato Salad with Tahini Ginger Sauce, Chilli Oil and Crumpet Croutons. And yes, I did say Crumpet Croutons!Mango and cheese salad -- which both me and my partner loved so much I have made it a few times since, and also made it to bring to a friend's BBQ, and people seemed to like it there too It must be noted as the Belfrage does in the foreword, that fusion food comes with baggage. Despite all cuisine in some way being a result of thousands of years of migration, invasion, trade routes and cultural exchange, there are legitimate concerns around appropriation and the dilution of tradition.

Coffee ice cream with Kahlua fudge sauce: One of the tastiest and best desserts I've ever made; will be whipping out when I need to impress but don't want much work.Our overall thoughts: Almost everyone had difficulty finding at least one ingredient, and we're in a major city with many specialty groceries stories. That said, this book is a flavor bomb that taught us that sauces can do a lot of heavy lifting. Opened us up to the idea that 'cooking for entertainment' can mean entertainment for YOURSELF - you want a challenge or to learn a new technique, not just to host others. The author is upfront that this isn't a book for throwing together a 10-minute recipe, and that's accurate. If you're interested in making Brazilian-, Italian-, or Mexican-inspired dishes at home and need a place to start, I recommend getting a copy of this book. One-in-a-million creativity, Ixta’s food is simply outstanding!” —Yotam Ottolenghi, chef and New York Times bestselling author of Ottolenghi Flavor When I meet Ixta Belfrage on a fall morning in East London, the vibrant pink beret she’s wearing is the exact hue used in the cover design for her hit cookbook, Mezcla , recently released in the U.S. “Oh no!” she laughs. “It’s a total coincidence, I promise.” Whether accident or design, however, it does feel appropriate given Belfrage’s unique style of cooking, in which the rich, considered color palettes are almost as exciting and varied as her flavors.

JAMES BEARD AWARD NOMINEE • 100 recipes for everyday eating with built-in wow factor, from the Ottolenghi protégé and co-author of Ottolenghi Flavor shaking up the food world. There is so much joy to be found in this book, not least from Yuki Sugiura’s photography which is almost as satisfying as eating the actual dishes. The recipes are positively unsubtle, vibrant and as if designed by algorithm for maximum satisfaction (there’s a recipe for half a loaf of sourdough with cheese, honey and chilli butter for goodness sake). Truthfully, it was hard to really quantify the Italian-Mexican-Brazilian thread that supposedly ties the dishes together.Wer es nicht so scharf mag, muss aber keine Angst haben: In fast allen Rezepten stellt die Autorin mildere Varianten oder Zutaten-Alternativen vor, mit denen ebenfalls gekocht werden kann. Ebenso gibt es immer wieder Tipps, wie ein Gericht vegan gestaltet werden kann. Ixta is an alchemist with flavor. Thrilling recipes full of life and imagination. I can’t wait to cook everything.” —Jessie Ware, singer and host of award-winning podcast Table Manners Broil for 7–9 minutes near the top of the oven, until the cheese is bubbling and browned in patches. Set aside to cool for a few minutes (but not for too long, as the melted cheese will begin to harden).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment