276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seawhite A5 Concertina Sketchbook with Case

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My struggle here is not to get too tight again. I sometimes find myself hunched over the sketchbook with a tiny brush or pencil, my nose inches away from the paper focused on a tiny area. This is not comfortable and usually happens when I’m trying to control the outcome too much. Then it’s time to take a breath, stretch and make a cup of tea. Concertina sketchbook tips Exceptionally comprehensive information on watercolour paints and equipment. Exhaustive details on pigments, translucency, comparing brands etc. Essential viewing for the true obsessive. We carry a large selection of sketchbook sizes - everything from small A6 notebooks to square and graduate sizes and even huge expansive A1 sizes, there's a sketchbook for everyone. Our large format sketchbooks are truly unique, available in different ranges and finishes, both in case and spiral bound options and popular with artists who work big and education as classroom floor books.

Personally I believe the smoothness of the paper is of most benefit to anyone who prefers to use graphite or coloured crayons, as opposed to any paint based artist. I often use my sketchbooks to play with new materials, colours and techniques. They can be a private place to test supplies, make messy, happy accidents and discover techniques I love. And here’s the concertina held open with a clip, creating a wide and stable base for sketching that doesn’t strain the hand. Something to collage the covers with that relates to sketchbook – tissue paper, fabric, maps, photographs, collected bitsThere are seven online Creative Concertina Sketchbook shorter courses to choose from. All of these courses have lifetime access. The Buildings, Allotments and Abstracts courses each comprise six modules, with many mini lessons of short 5-10 minute videos. You can complete them in your own time, over a weekend or over many weeks, stopping and replaying as much as you need to. The sketchbook suited the wax crayon function of the Woodys the most, bringing out their strong pigment with only a slight amount of wax buildup. When diluted into watercolours the paper again showed a slight predetermination to warp, if only in a minor way. Next I was interested in how the sketchbook would take colour and delicate tools such as pastels and buildable crayons. Don Colley’s blog, sharing fabulous brush-pen drawings of people and much else. He’s a big fan of Pitt Artist brush pens. Thank you! I have finally had a moment to go through the course. I teach sketching as well and LOVE your approach. I have told all my students about your work and could see having you come to Texas to teach at some point 🙂 Meanwhile, I am going to play with all the techniques that you showed us in this marvelous, user-friendly course. Can’t wait to sketch with you sometime–in the UK or here in the USA. Thanks again,

All the fun of using both sides of a full length strip of concertina folded paper, but with the ease of handling and stability of a conventional binding. You just need paper, glue, card, wide tape and a little time. Let me know how you get on, and any improvements or suggestions. At the very least it’s easier than my last ‘how to’… In addition, there is the Free Up your Sketchbook and Grow (six week) course. Access is for one year. Enrolment for the next one will open again February 2024. So many people use them, so many people love them. What is a concertina sketchbook and why do I love them so much? Concertina Sketchbooks – What Are They? You can store what is effectively a large work of art in a very small compact space, and keep it well protected. They are suitable for new artists and those more experienced artists who want to learn new techniques. I first started making them after touring the world ? (Sydney, Barcelona, Carcassonne, Whitstable, York, Cambridge) with a one/two day workshop using concertina sketchbooks in a fun, freeing way.I’m experimenting with concertina formats myself, and the posting of images on my blog/s has been something I’ve been thinking about too. I haven’t done really long panoramas, only 4 folds, but an intriguing way to publish an image like this on a WordPress blogs is to rotate it and put it sideways. This of course would be simply annoying on a computer, but on a tablet or smartphone it’s lovely – to view it you simply disable screen rotation and then turn the device sideways! I’ll let you know when I’ve actually published the post I’m working on like this – at the moment it’s only a draft. So pleased this online workshop has taken off. It’s really transformed my mindset to sketching’ Gillian Loved every moment. Karen is such a generous tutor – so informative and helpful. One very happy student – thank you. xx” Jude B Did I miss any reasons? – let me know in the comments below! What is the Best Paper Weight and Size for a Concertina Sketchbook

Informal sharing of ideas, techniques, pictures and general chat about sketching. Set up by Russ Stutler. I scan the drawings on the scanner giving overlaps at the edges and then stitch the images together using an app on my smartphone, as I haven’t got a fancy editing programme like photoshop on the computer. Laborious but it works. A chance to browse through 26 travel sketchbooks. Lots of fresh watercolour, ink and pencil location pictures.

Be the First to Share

Line up the long paper of four sheets taped together on a table or clean working surface with the tape facing down and the cuts facing up. They can be laid out horizontally on the floor, held on a shelf, laid out on a table, or hung horizontally. Cardboard cover set inside of folded and cut cover paper with double sided tape on cardboard for attaching the paper.

Not at all! My sketchbooks are much more about mark making and exciting surfaces, with as little or as much drawing as you like. Some participants draw lots, some collage lots. I do provide some pdf photographs for you to work from for inspiration, if you need them. This is my six week course that runs two times a year. If you are looking for a way to push your work forwards and find your own style, in a non-rigid way, with room to be independent and do your own thing, then this is the course for you. If you are like me, you may be one of those illustrators who collect brushes, paint, drawing implements of all kinds and sketchbooks! Another thing that gives me great satisfaction is book binding for art books. Don’t worry! This is easier than that, no special book binding instruments needed of any kind. I can fill one side of a sketchbook in one session or it might take several weeks. However, if I have an idea, I might choose colours that fit my theme or decide on dark and light areas throughout the book. Sketches and drawingsWe have recently expanded our range of concertina-style sketchbooks and felt it would be a good time to look at some of their features. Concertina sketchbooks invert the normal format of a sketchbook by giving artists one continuous working surface. Illustrator Peony Gent did some tests with one of our new Moleskine concertina sketchbooks to see how it handled. SIGN UP I now have TWO NEW FOLLOW ON courses for those who have taken Free Up Your Sketchbook and Grow! I decided to focus primarily on the properties of the paper, testing out a variety of mediums to see what suited best. Let your marks and ideas roll into each other through the book, it can lead to beautiful unexpected results.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment