276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Down Among the Women

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

La rottura di catene come quelle imposte dalla disparità di genere è un processo lungo più di una vita. Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. Please Note: This book has been transferred to Between the Covers from another database and might not be described to our usual standards. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Una volta iniziato, ero già a metà libro; poi, d'un tratto, ho sentito il bisogno di rallentare e assorbire le vicende delle giovani donne protagoniste.

Gradually the plot moves away from Scarlet and through these lives and others, spiralling outwards until certain parallels emerge between all these lives: the sense of male-female relationships as a series of inevitable and painful compromises, both romantic and financial, and the ever-present twin threats of violence and poverty which keep women in their place. the clinging helplessness of her father's new wife Susan, her junior, whose submissiveness is the kind that enslaves the man, not the wife. Rebelling against the 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘴 𝘲𝘶𝘰 that gives them the role not so much of the 'weaker sex', as of the 'accessory sex', functional to the male one, seems inevitable in the course of the story- yet, not all of them have a happy ending after trying.More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. Eighteen-year-old unmarried mother Scarlet, a lost child recovering from her first abortion, looks at the world with her friends and begins to see the truth. In the meantime, just feed us, keep us, fetch the coal and say something nice while you’re about it. These women can only try to survive; and then, look with hope at the new generations, raised differently from how their mothers had raised them, destined to break with many of the patterns that had stifled them - once they all land in the tumultuous 1960s. I used to love them, but now I’m reading this one, it seems like a parody, since she has such a characteristic, flippant style.

Ribellarsi allo 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘴 𝘲𝘶𝘰 che dona loro il ruolo non tanto di sesso debole, quanto di sesso accessorio, funzionale a quello maschile, sembra loro inevitabile, nel corso della vicenda; eppure, non per tutte vi è un lieto fine a seguito di ciò.The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. To sum up, I found this to be an entertaining, very readable book in Waldon’s usual facetious style; I couldn’t remember who everybody was, but it didn’t matter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment