276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Butler to the World: The book the oligarchs don’t want you to read - how Britain became the servant of tycoons, tax dodgers, kleptocrats and criminals

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

New role for Britain since losing its empire officially (Suez crisis) is providing financial / offshore services to anyone who will pay them for it.

In Britain,” Bullough argues, “butlering is almost invariably regarded as a source of jobs and wealth because it is seen from the butler’s perspective rather than that of their clients’ or their victims’… It makes a good comedy when Jeeves outsmarts the village bobby or Bertie Wooster gets away with a scam because his chum is the local magistrate, but this is not the way to run a financial system.You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

The money of the world flows directly to them, unimpeded by bureaucracy, regulation or financial restrictions. The problem was that he could keep trying different passwords until the rocks rotted away, but it wouldn’t help: there was no cave of treasures for him to open. It starts hundreds of years ago, when Scotland allowed the formation of limited partnerships, feudal firms that never had to reveal ownership, activities or pay taxes. In it, he shows how both British government and finance have altered or ignored laws, welcomed criminals and exported crime to other countries, all in the name of income. It transcends any one jurisdiction and derives its power and its resilience from the fact it does not rely on any one place: if one jurisdiction becomes hostile, money effortlessly relocates to somewhere that isn’t.

There are 26 responsible financial agencies in the UK, all overstretched, underfunded, and incapable of carrying out their mandates. Impressively detailed…Lucid explanations of complex financial matters and a simmering sense of outrage distinguish this timely investigation into how Britain sacrificed its principles for pounds. Znałam tu osoby , które mając dobre życie; dom, rodzinę, pracę straciły wszystko przez uzależnienie od hazardu. I think he had been hoping that I would share a few contacts for British equivalents of the kind of people I have always found without too much trouble when I’ve visited Miami; Washington, DC; San Francisco; or New York. I tried to persuade them that imposing sanctions against Russia was a bad idea,” he told a Russian news agency.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment