276°
Posted 20 hours ago

To Be Honest

£5.545£11.09Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re catching up with a French-speaking friend, old or new, you’ll probably want to ask them how they are, and vice versa. Here are a few suggestions to try! I’m sorry that someone taught you to hate yourself because of your body somewhere along the way, but I’m not going to let you pull me down with you." News flash: fat isn’t a bad word, Mom. It’s the twenty-first century. I have blue eyes. I have blond hair. I’m fat. Literally nothing about my life is changed because that word is associated with my physical appearance. I’m sorry that someone taught you to hate yourself because of your body somewhere along the way, but I’m not going to let you pull me down with you.”

Homepage - To Be Honest

To Be Honest shares the stories of leaders who have acted with purpose, honesty, and justice even when it was difficult to do so – including in-depth interviews with CEOs and senior executives from companies like Patagonia, Cabot Creamery, Microsoft, Best Buy and many more. Oh, yikes, I’m sorry,” the girl at the door said. She had her hair pulled up in a messy bun that was leaning haphazardly to one side of her head. “I was just wondering if you had any extra duct tape that I could borrow? A cord on my microwave frayed. Don’t tell the RA or whatever, because it might be a fire hazard, but I definitely don’t have time or cash to get a new one. That’s too much information. BLAH. Hi. My name is Yael.” Finally, there’s the romance, which was absolutely adorable. I don’t want to get too personal (I think I’ve done that enough in this review already!), but the interactions between Savvy and George reminded me so much of myself and my partner when we first met! The friendship graduating into awkward, sweet flirting, and the fact that neither of them seem to be able to grasp how they landed the other—it’s so sweet and fluffy and cutesy, and I really enjoyed watching them come together.We worked in a scared silence, taking a few moments longer to complete each task than necessary. If we admitted that we were done, we’d have to admit that it was time to leave. I don’t think Mom had good-bye on her epic list of dorm move-in responsibilities. No matter how many blogs she read or careful notes she took, nothing could prepare us for leaving. I wanted more of Savannah and her mother, this was the most interesting part of the book and yet at one point, there was more romance drama than touching what mattered the most. Savannah is dreading being home alone with her overbearing mother after her sister goes off to college. But if she can just get through senior year, she'll be able to escape to college, too. What she doesn't count on is that her mother's obsession with weight has only grown deeper since her appearance on an extreme weight-loss show, and now Savvy's mom is pressuring her even harder to be constantly mindful of what she eats. It’s usually a good sign when you fly through a book in one sitting and that was definitely the case with To Be Honest. I devoured this book and enjoyed every moment. This is the first of two children's books about honesty by Jon Klassen. Bear asks the animals if they have seen his lost, red, pointy hat, but they all deny seeing it. He feels dejected and worries he will never see his hat again. When a deer helps him remember, the bear confronts the guilty animal.

HONEST | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary HONEST | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

Our main girl, Savannah is dealing with a mother, who recently divorced, became obsessed with losing weight and was a weight loss show and now is a poster child for it. Savannah and her mother have a very strained relationship at best and her sister, Ashley (whom she is very close to) is moving away to college - which means she will have to deal with her mother's obsessive ways by herself. This what the story focuses around the most - her family and coping with all the new changes and challenges. She does have a few other things going on though, such as a new boy taking interest in her and doing an expose piece on the boys sports team with her best friend Grace. Edwurd Fudwpper's humongous fib gets him into trouble with the military, a dogcatcher and a three-eyed alien. It takes his little sister, Fannie Fudwupper, to rescue him. She held me by my shoulders and forced me to look into her eyes. “You’re stronger than you know. Don’t you ever forget that, no matter how tough things might get. And, it’s not like I’m across the country. I’m only a few hours away if you ever need me.” After committing a criminal act, a nameless girl travels the world planting seeds and transforming bleak landscapes to compensate for her misdemeanour. Miss Starling has a way with words; words to mold, heal, and embrace your heart. Whether you are dealing with the loss of a love, or trying to love yourself, Starling’s pure poetry brings you to a place of serenity and understanding just as if she is there in the room telling you directly. Starling has a way of teaching us to forgive ourselves and grow to love ourselves rather than focus primarily on the negative. Her debut poetry book is a strong entrance and I look forward to more of her work.

Customer reviews

Ashley- aka Big Sis, I LOOOOVE the sibling relationship between Savvy & Ashley who is now in college & trying to be there for Savvy even while college life is taking place. Ashley is described as being tall, slender, and a beauty by Savvy herself but never does Ashley make Savvy feel anything less than a beauty herself. Ashley is Lesbian & seeing Savvy encourage her to show interest in her college crush was the sweetest! Another element I throughly enjoyed were the multiple relationship dynamics. Whether it be a friendship, romance, sibling or parent child relationship, was intricate, raw, honest and wonderful to follow. I warmed to each character and emphasised with their stories and struggles, whilst equally squealing at their adorableness. not sure if i loved it so much because it resonated with me and the current situation im going through, but this was written in such a beautiful way. I felt like it somehow put into writing all i have been feeling recently. Moreover, I love George’s character not because he’s nice, charming and kind but because he likes Savannah by simply being her true self without pretenses. This gives us the realization on how we could easily like a person base on their outward appearances but what’s far greater than that was how we truly know them and falling in love with someone for all the right reasons.

To Be Honest Download [PDF] [EPUB] To Be Honest Download

OMG do we have actual good fat rep?!?! Even a model on the cover who is a beautiful fat model! I'm in heaven! Thank you to the book gods for making this happen! I wish I had this type of novel when I was younger. English–Arabic English–Bengali English–Catalan English–Czech English–Danish English–Hindi English–Korean English–Malay English–Marathi English–Russian English–Tamil English–Telugu English–Thai English–Turkish English–Ukrainian English–Vietnamese A boy explains to his teacher he is late to school because of giant ants! A chain of events, including cannonballs, evil ninjas, and an elephant parade followed this! I really loved Savannah. She is fat and she’s okay with it, but she understands what being fat means about how she’s perceived. Savannah’s mother is another key figure in this book; a woman once fat, this book establishes through her story that a number lowering on a scale doesn’t correlate with learning to love yourself.That’s a waste of money. We had plenty of working twin sheets already,” Ashley said. Always the practical one, she was. Ashley’s brain was constantly in conservation mode while mom’s brain was always in excess mode. Especially in the past two years, after Mom and Dad’s divorce, Ashley has had to be the voice of reason in our home. Savvy is in High School & we also get to follow her life outside her home which balances out against her home life. Savvy has an amazing best friend who she enjoys spending time with. She’s also a math tutor on the side but her real passion is journalism. There’s a a really caring teacher who encourages her not to drop out of working on the school’s paper & it leads to the sub-plot of this book. We see Savvy uncovering some under the table dealings with one of the athletic departments. We also see her tutoring turn into something more than & I cannot tell you the number of times I found myself smiling for Savvy Secondary to the conversation about weight is anxiety and how it can play in to our fears about who we are and how the world looks at us.

To Be Honest: A Memoir by Michael Leviton | Goodreads To Be Honest: A Memoir by Michael Leviton | Goodreads

Kim tries to impress her new classmates with a lie. She finally realises she has to tell the truth but will it be too late to keep her new friends? Filled with real-life examples, To Be Honest offers actionable steps, practical tools and approaches that any leader or manager can use to create a culture of purpose, honesty and justice. George- The love interest here who also happens to be Grace’s cousin. I knew this guy was going to be a favorite of mine the minute he corrected Savvy for thinking he wasn’t part of the family based on his more Caucasian appearance. George is also blonde, tall, and slender and very much Colombian. George is tutored by Savvy in math & all throughout we see him take a real interest in Savvy. Legit I wish I had a George in my life at 17 Yes it does!' I said, revitalized. 'The truth hurts people's feelings. If I cared whether I hurt feelings, I couldn't tell the truth.' Eve's mouth fell open, but I went on anyway. 'And if I cared what people thought of me, I'd be hurt when they told me how they felt. If you want to be honest, you can't care.' "The Paul Noble Method: no books, no rote memorization, no chance of failure. Start with the Complete French Beginner's course, then follow up with French Next Steps. A debut novel sure to resonate with high schoolers who eagerly anticipate graduation and the start of college. . . . Danielle is a savvy, likable character with whom teens will easily identify. . . . Romance fans will enjoy this fast-paced story that features an interesting set of characters and satisfying conclusion." — School Library Journal It was one of those disappointments that confirmed your every fear that you'd somehow kept at bay with the tiniest sliver of hope.” The funny: At the age of 4, Leviton's grandmother takes this little Jewish boy to see Santa at the mall. After explaining to him that Santa has a magical sleigh and travels around the world leaving presents under everyone's Christmas tree, she has this dubious little boy sit on Santa's lap. When asked what he wants for Christmas, he replies, " 'I'm Jewish.'

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment