276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Palram Canopia Oasis Hexagonal Greenhouse Grey (8 ft)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As plastics were becoming prevalent in the mid-1960‘s, PALRAM already had its foot in the door. Today, after more than 50 years of intensive research and cutting-edge innovation, PALRAM finds itself at the forefront of the thermoplastic world with time-tested products engineered to withstand the rigors of industrial use and heavy construction projects. As a subsidiary of the PALRAM Group, Palram – Canopia uses these high-quality polycarbonate and acrylic panels to develop a wide range of DIY Garden Structures. With Palram – Canopia products, you too can use these same ultra-durable, state-of-the-art materials to enhance your home. We aren’t just a world-class producer of superior “plastics”, we are dedicated designers and providers of a vast selection of exceptionally well-crafted outdoor solutions. Or more simply put, we are dream fulfillers. Better prices! You can more easily shop around for the best price and compare greenhouse models. And as there's less costs involved for the retailer (no need to rent shop floor space etc), those savings are usually passed onto the customer. It's not a good idea to put your greenhouse under a large tree, as a falling branch could shatter the glass. Heating You wouldn’t be the first to do this – indeed, lots of people have gone for one of these designs, and there are some good reasons for doing so, too. Let’s explore the perks of owning a more unusual garden building, not to mention the practical considerations that come along with them. Why are hexagonal/octagonal designs so popular? In cold seasons and to grow certain plants, you might need to heat your greenhouse. Again, a number of options are open to you:

We’ve all seen square sheds and greenhouses, and the huge array of rectangular ones on the market. These are ideal for fitting into corners, and positioning along one side of a garden. However, they are traditional in nature, and you might be looking for something a bit different. These angled buildings are also used mostly as summer houses or as greenhouses, and that means they have far more glass in them than sheds do. Thus, you can enjoy far more light flooding into them at all times of the day, purely because you can position them in more places than you might initially think. Practical considerations Buttercupdays I think you are right, I need think a bit more about usage. I don’t think I will use it for overwintering plants (but never say never). I mainly would like to extend my veg growing season and grow more plants from seed. I had to put my tomato plants outside in early May this year due to space issue and they survived with lots of fleece and attention, but I do not want to go through that rollercoaster again. The only other place would be under a huge oak tree, and would involve taken my shed out. Not sure if there would be enough light but your point to consider climate change is spot on.Established in 1994, we are proud to be a family-owned and run British manufacturer of greenhouses and cedar garden buildings. Based in rural Staffordshire, we have over 25 years experience. We concentrate in offering a tailor-made bespoke design service. Engineering the strongest wooden greenhouses available on the open market at a realistic and affordable price. Our enthusiastic design team are constantly working to innovate and refine our range of garden buildings. Our greenhouses have a reputation for not only strength and durability, but also their quality and distinctive appearance. Our aim is to produce the world’s finest cedar greenhouses. The right amount of ventilation is very important to control the temperature and keep the air circulating. If you don't have enough, it increases the level of humidity and the likelihood of plant disease. Most greenhouse frames include adjustable air vents, or you could install thermostatically-controlled automatic vents that don't need a power supply. Louvre windows are another option - giving you adjustable, draught-free ventilation. Shading

KeenOnGreen I hadn’t considered shelving and spare parts yet so that is definitely something to think about. Make sure you can get all the way around your greenhouse from the outside, so you can clean the glass each year. Ventilation You have three main choices here. Horticultural glass is the most common and is inexpensive. Toughened glass is a stronger alternative - and a safer one if you have children in the garden. And tougher still are polycarbonate panels, which reduce scorching by diffusing the sunlight. AccessEvery element of these more intricate and complex designs are considered, from structural integrity, durability and quality to achieve a completely bespoke greenhouse that suits your individual needs. Butterfly66 I have a garden shed where I currently store things like compost, tools etc so wouldn’t need to keep them in the greenhouse which helps with the optics. I really like the look of wooden greenhouses, but I’m bit concerned in regards to maintenance compared to metal. Good point on the lost space.

The Eco-paving internal floor sometimes fits comfortably inside the greenhouse with a few inches to spare. Sometimes it is overlength but it can be cut to fit. The finished floor is self draining and suitable for wheelbarrows and wheelchairs. Laying eco-paving directly on soil is not recommended. Eco-pavers can be laid on a layer of gravel or pea shingle if it is carefully compacted and levelled. Each paver should be fully supported. If you want to get a hexagonal or octagonal garden building, think about where you want to place it. Get an idea of the footprint of your chosen design, and consider where it would give you the best use and appearance. POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down. Hexagonal greenhouses and Octagonal greenhouses are unique, heavy-duty, standout structures built to withstand all weather conditions. Installed as a free-standing greenhouse or as a feature lobby they can transform your garden and look great all year round. Throughout our wooden greenhouse range we have no limitation to the scale or size of structure. We can take any of our greenhouse designs and modify to suit your needs – this can be size, height or appearance. We have a large portfolio of past projects from both residential and commercial customers. Our tried and tested experience in greenhouses means we can offer you expert guidance and practical advice from start to finish. You could lay a concrete strip footing that's 200mm wide and 100mm deep. Then you can anchor your base by drilling and bolting it into the concrete. Drill holes through the base, or directly through the bottom sill of the greenhouse frame in the centre of each bay (taking care to leave room for the glazing). Most garden buildings are either square or rectangular. However, this doesn’t apply to them all. If you want something more unusual, a stand-out garden building that has plenty of appeal, you could opt for a hexagonal or octagonal design instead.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment