276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler (33 Ultra-Bright CAPELLIX RGB LEDs, Three 120mm ML RGB Series PWM Fans, 400 to 2,400 RPM, Zero RPM Mode, Corsair iCUE Commander CORE Included) Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I know the 3000 series have some idle power issues right now, but that still seems a bit much for me. My preferred spot for an AIO in that case is in the side as intake. However, before considering a move, it might be good to figure out if things are cooler over there or abnormally warm up top. Not sure if you have a surface temp thermometer around, but even the ones for people will work on non-reflective surfaces to at least give you a ball park value. Manually applying all of the power possible to the fans for this test, we found them to top out at 2380 RPM, which falls into the 2400 RPM max that the specifications mentioned. At this time, we take on another level of noise production, where the meter showed us 70 dB of noise coming from the exhaust side of the radiator, at a foot away! Final Thoughts

The specifications we have were taken from the reviewer's guide, and it covers most of what you will need to know. We are now dealing with the CW-9060048-WW as the model number to the iCUE H150i Elite Capellix cooler, which boasts of low noise emanating from the pump, where Corsair says it is less than 20 dB(A), measured from a meter away. As Corsair calls it, the pump harness is to take software settings and apply it to the three PWM fans included in the box. Watercooling isn't difficult as long as you consider total thermal load volume in watts and what your cooling goals are. It's a 900mb install, that really should have been broken into selective components and it's a real CPU and disk activity hog. I'm still using CorsairLink 4.9.6.19. It's a 45mb install, uses 0.3 - 0.7% cpu and tells me everything I need to know - my temps across all components, including disk drives (4.9.7.35 took that feature out), and my 14 fan speeds. I use 2xcommander pro on my system. NOTE: Your cooler pump head should have thermal paste already applied. If you want to use your own thermal paste, make sure you thoroughly clean the cold plate of the pump head and the integrated heat spreader (IHS) of your processor with isopropyl alcohol and lint-free cloth. To make it even better, the depth of control and all of the options at hand using iCUE is astounding. What makes it a step above is the inclusion of motherboard and GPU lighting control! Anything RGB can be controlled with iCUE, so you no longer have to mess with multiple software suites, and there is the fact that the flow of colors in certain modes is synced so much better than was possible for us before Corsair stepped up their game!The Corsair H150i Elite Capellix seems to be getting the best thermal performance out of every similarly sized AIO cooler that we have tested to this date, outperforming NZXT’s X73 by a whisker. The performance seems to be fairly stable across most of the load range, offering predictable performance regarding of the load, with the exception of very low loads where the temperature difference is far too small for appropriate heat transfer between the mediums. However all that said, when I ran the O11D as a dual 360mm radiator exhaust and completely passive intake from the rear and bottom, my idle coolant temps were no where close your levels. My max load levels were about your idle temps in the Winter with a similar 22C ambient. Something isn't quite right. The part I don't like is with the glass off and a 22C room ambient, it should take deliberate gaming load or hours of idle time before you should see a coolant temp creep to +13C over ambient and frankly I don't think it should ever be +13C over ambient at idle in that case. over ambient at idle seems too high for me. It seems like you have the radiator as top exhaust. So bottom and side are intake? This seems like too much to be a airflow issue, but take of the large side glass off at idle and see what happens. All-in-one liquid coolers don't dissipate processor heat inside the case like traditional air coolers, but instead guide it to the edge of the case and blow it out with dedicated fans. This results in cooler components and less noise. The ELITE CAPELLIX XT is an upgrade to our most powerful CPUcooler: Install the 4 Intel standoff screws into your motherboard. Make sure all 4 screws are tightened until secure.

You may want to go to a manual fan curve. Even the quiet one will blast the fans at 40C and that is idle. If the interior temp is also 39C, there is nothing you can do with the fans to make it less. RGB is useless bling that does nothing for performance, but Corsairlink does have some RGB support if I chose to use it. Many of the previous solutions from Corsair to hit our lab for testing have floundered in thermal results, leaving us with little choice but to remove points from the awards with a heavy hand. However, with what we have seen with the H150i Elite Capellix, with chart-topping results in extreme mode, and top-five finishes in balanced mode, sways our perspective of what to expect when it comes to the new Corsair sealed AIOs! So much comes in the box, which you are left wanting nothing when it is all installed and ready to run!

Specialized Cooling Modes

The radiator is minimal and sleek, with the only adornment being the Corsair logo. Other than the small tanks at the ends of the radiator, it hardly takes up any additional space compared to the three fans. The fin spacing is the common 20 per inch, making for a good balance between cooling performance and minimal air restriction.

Currently the radiator is set to top intake, with the bottom case fans also being intake and the sides being exhaust. I originally had the radiator set to exhaust with bottom/sides intake, but tried reversing it in hopes of remedying the issue. The H150i ELITE CAPELLIX will cost more than other 360mm coolers, but you are not only paying for RGB. For that cost you are also getting an added bonus with the magnetic levitation fans which is one of the best bearings available! They are very quiet, only audible when being pushed near to full speed. The only noise they emit will be from airflow. The pump is also very quiet, operating at under 20 dBA! Instead of fans connecting directly to the pump, we now get an iCUE Commander Core, which not only offers fan and pump speed control but also RGB control for both the pump as well as the eight RGB LEDs in each of the ML120 Series fans that ship in the box. Corsair claims extreme performance, a Zero RPM mode, split flow copper cold plate, a low-noise centrifugal pump, various sized radiators in the series, and is easy to install. The Corsair H150i Elite Capellix AIO Cooler Review: Go Big Or Go Home by E. Fylladitakis on October 15, 2020 9:30 AM EST Possibly that is the reason. This morning I monitored the liquid temps on the pump starting the computer out cold (22deg celsius) and it gradually climbed on idle up to 35 deg celsius. The gradual heat increase from the gddr6 of the 3090 heating the case?Once your cooler is installed to your motherboard, it is time to connect the fans and pump to the iCUE Commander CORE. iCue and Excellence should never be used in the same sentence. iCue is garbage, as bad, if not worse than NZXT's cam. There are bugs in both that have been around for years. The issue with AIO coolers, especially premium solutions such as this, is price. They're considerably more expensive than air coolers and even some other PC components. While it is a little pricey, you are getting a very good cooler for even the most powerful processors from AMD and Intel. This is great in concept, except that the reality is that not every cooler manages to reach the same dB level at peak operation or lowest noise levels as every other cooler. Some coolers are not seen to operate at 35 or 40dB while others easily exceed it. These same coolers in comparison also With 16 RGB LEDs on a modern pump head design, the ELITE series deliver great cooling with the looks to match.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment