276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Piston Distillery Distinguished London Dry Gin 70cl (ABV 42% alcohol) - Premium Craft Gin | Award winning British Gin from Worcester

£12.995£25.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

FROM THE FIRST FEEL OF OUR SCULPTED INDUSTRIAL BOTTLE, TO THE SATISFYING SOUND ENGINEERED INTO THE REMOVAL OF ITS LID, YOU’RE ENTICED INTO THE WORLD OF RICH FLAVOURS AND CAPTIVATING AROMAS OF PISTONS AWARD-WINNING SPIRITS. A PLAYFUL SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE MEANS THAT NO STONE IS LEFT UNTURNED IN OUR SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF RARE INGREDIENTS. IN AN EFFORT TO PASS FORWARD OUR KNOWLEDGE, WE ALSO NOW OPERATE TWO IMMERSIVE GIN SCHOOLS, OFFERING DIFFERENT LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE ARTISAN DISTILLING WORLD.

FROM OUR DELICIOUS LIMONCELLO MADE USING WONDERFUL AMALFI LEMONS, TO OUR DARK SINISTER COFFE TEQUILA, PISTON HAS EVOLVED. It took a little time to get our stills to heat and producing gin. You then have to run it at a drip, so it does take a little bit of time. We had to produce 425ml of gin to make our final bottle. This took a while, so we helped ourselves to more G&Ts whilst we waited! Once we’d reached 425ml this is the point we tested the ABV% of our gin, around 80%, which is completely normal. Distilled water is then used to dilute the gin to the ABV you want. The average gin on the market is around 40%. WE’VE BEEN AWARDED PRESTIGIOUS DOUBLE GOLD, GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE MEDALLIONS AT THE SAN FRANCISCO WORLD SPIRIT COMPETITION.

'Excitement' as gin distillery finally set to make return to city

INTIALLY INTENDING TO ONLY PRODUCE A LONDON DRY AND A SUPER SMOOTH VODKA, IT SOON BECAME APPARENT THAT THE WORLD WANTED MORE. You know what news helps dampen the holiday blues? Winning a competition to go to a gin school that’s what! Yup, I totally did. On the night before we left Switzerland I found out I’d won a spot for the coming weekend at The Gin School at Worcester’s new distillery, Piston Gin, and I was excited! Once diluted to the right %ABV, in our case 42%, we then bottled our gin. The final thing after sealing the bottles was to name them both and fill in the distilling details. Being scientists we inevitably went for science-y names!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment