276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Superfresco Paintable Beadboard White Durable Wallpaper Roll - Heavy Duty - Paste The Paper Application - Traditional Design - Suitable for Any Room - 4 Wall Design

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Start with a plumb line. Do this by drawing a vertical line away from the corner or start point you will begin to hang the wallpaper. This line should be marked off at width slightly shorter than your paper so that you can run the edge of the paper down the line and over the beginning corner. Be sure to use a long level or hang a plumb line to start off straight and correct. Your whole project hangs on the straightness of this line! Trust me, your walls and corners are not straight on their own, so you have to find and make your own straight line. This dresser looked beyond repair in the before photos from Pamela Field via ‘ Hometalk‘. But she removed the warped veneer and gave this piece new life with some textured wallpaper and pewter paint. She tells you exactly how she renovated this piece in her tutorial. It has cool antiquey look! After install the wallpaper in both places I learned a lot and discovered a few things I like about it and a few things that I don’t. Let’s start with the pros. Use an Exacto knife to trim the corners and edges. I used a metal spatula pressed into the seams and ran the knife along the edge for a clean cut. Be cautious if your paper is super wet because it can tear. Make sure your blades are sharp to avoid this.

Now you can use that last tutorial and be inspired by these next photos that use paintable textured wallpaper as the star of the room. It looks a lot like the real thing. If I didn’t know it was wallpaper I would think that it’s the real thing. If you want the beadboard look, you’ll get it with this! Diane from ‘ In My Own Style‘ shows us how to save money by using faux grasscloth on an accent wall. She shows you how to hang this paper, including tips on cutting around existing molding.

How to Hang Beadboard Wallpaper

Paint your wallpaper. I used a traditional paint roller and touch up brushes for the trim with a flat latex interior paint. Allow the paste to activate for 5 to 10 minutes. Your wallpaper will have instructions particular to it on the label, so refer to those for the timing needed. I would activate two strips at a time and once the first strip was hung, activate the next two so I could work continuously. Do not activate them all at once. You can’t move that fast through this process!

We have floor to ceiling beadboard installed in our master bathroom, as you can see here. I love the old home charm that it adds to the new bathroom remodel.If you have to cut around any windows, power outlets, etc. use your Exacto knife and have some scissors handy to trim an area if needed. Smooth down well after trimming.

Unfold your wallpaper – be very careful. This paper in particular had a tendency to rip in the beadboard crevices if I wasn’t careful.

Can you install wallpaper on textured walls? 

I added a shelf rail to separate the floral paper up top and the beadboard wallpaper on the bottom third of the wall. If you are interested in that tutorial you can find it HERE! You can use that exact same tutorial to makeover a dresser with embossed wallpaper just like they did over at ‘ BHG‘. Another idea I had for using that textured wallpaper was on our master bathroom walls. When the previous owner put the house on the market in 2005, he hired some” fly by night” workers/painters. There had been wallpaper on it but it was really old like late 1970’s and they tried to get it off but it was too time consuming and they were under time restraints so they just painted over it with latex paint. You can still see some of the wallpaper edges. I’ve either got to sand all the walls down or use a textured paint but thought about the textured wallpaper.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment