276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maxon OD-9 Series Overdrive

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bear in mind that an OverDrive pedal is not a distortion pedal! I would never use this alone to get a good distortion - if you're searching for that, go to a diferent pedal all together. Distortion that comes from the amp is the best one you should always rely on.

I would do if this choice? Ben must follow the guys, that was my Christmas! Will have to wait a year now for the next! Anyway, again thank you baby Jesus, and happy birthday for the 25! I 've never had overdrive pedals, 30 years since I played guitar I always prfr the distortion of a Mesa or the crunch of a Marschal, but reading this force and this about the legendary Tube Screamer, I inquired and presto! adopted!The TOD also features Maxon’s In-Rush Current Control system - As soon as power is applied to the pedal, a small current is applied to the tube and begins heating it at a very low voltage (much like a tube amp standby switch) - This system dramatically extends the tube life. Please note, Godlyke, Inc. is no longer Maxon's Distributor and will no longer be receiving inventory from Maxon Japan. If you're interested in the OD808, please see Godlyke's new collaboration with Mr. Tamura (original Tube Screamer Engineer), the T amura-Mod Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. Those ‘shortcomings’ actually make early Tube Screamers ideal overdrive pedals for powerful clean amps. In addition to providing a genuinely valve-like overdrive, the Tube Screamer’s bass roll off helps to keep power chords tight and the low pass filter ensures sweet overdrive tone even with the brightest amps.

Potentiomtres three and a switch: four reasons to read the manual. Seriously, the manual is clear (although in English) but we can manage without aisment.The TOD-9 provides all the classic tonality of the Maxon OD-9 with the ability to blend in Tube-generated warmth and additional saturation. TECH TALK: The TOD features a mil-spec 5703WB JAN Raytheon sub-miniature vacuum tube complete with its own separate Gain control (Tube knob). This tube stage is positioned at the front of the audio path, driving the OD-9 circuit. This Limited Edition OD-9 might have had a glow up but underneath it's still the same iconic sound we all know and love owing to the original Japanese JRC4558 IC chip. With a throaty midrange bump, smooth compression and a tight low end that works for anything from the classic Texas blues tone to tightening up your crushing high gain sounds. The TOD takes the classic OD-9 overdrive circuit and adds a mil-spec 5703WB JAN Raytheon sub-miniature vacuum tube positioned at the front of the audio path, driving the OD-9 circuit. I compared to the Maxon history, the one with the old style guitar (they both have the circuit JRC4558IC, it seems that the Grail is that thing), I preferred this one, had my vintage snobbery suffer ... It is less sweet and a little wider spectrum found, but it has to play fourth-hair calf ant.

For fun and dsamorer few ideas reues sulfates one day OD-9 comparative (or TS-9) with an Ibanez TS-7. Like the original, the current production OD-9 features the NJM (JRC) 4558D Op Amp – an essential component for authentic “TS” tone. The OD808 has the traditional buffers, however Maxon has deviated from the 808 formula by changing the two output resistors to reduce noise levels. The result is that the new values make the OD808 electronically identical to an original TS9, rather than a TS808. Everything has been said about this legendary overdrive in my case it's hand through Santana much better known at the time in the 80's that I discovered this pedal. It was only later that I discovered that Stevie Ray Vaughan was also used. To stop blablatages the OD9 Maxon is a replica of the same original TS9 Ibanez, simply because it was manufactured by Maxon. The Ibanez TS9 today have nothing to do, so they are the pale copies.AC/DC Power Operation - Power using 9-volt battery (supplied) or AC adapter (Maxon AC210N optional). In 9-volt setting the Pro+ sounds and functions like the standard OD-9 with the added option of a healthy +3 dB of midrange boost at approximately 800 Hz (actual frequency is dependent on Control settings) – great for cutting through a band during solos. I pretty much use this ON during all the times so I get teh most out of my distortion sound, but it could also be used as a booster just for leads and solos, giving you more compression, sustain and grip to the sound.

Looking at the OD-9’s circuit, you’ll realize that this is not some redesign being cleverly marketed as a reissue – this is THE original OD-9 (TS-9) circuit, yet with the addition of true bypass switching. Even the PC board is the same one that Maxon’s been using for the past 30+ years, complete with empty slots where parts for the FET switching circuit have been left out! Previously I was using a 193 m mxr gt-od overdrive that does not really satisfy me. I was looking for a slightly warmer and vintage sound. I found my happiness with the Maxon. Like most players I have bought many pedals over the years but come the revolution if I'm told I can only keep one this is it! For over 50 years, Maxon has been renowned for its effect pedals ever since Maxon’s parent company Nisshin Onpa started designing them in 1969. However, their products were not marketed under their own brand originally outside of Japan and were sold worldwide under other well-known brand names (OEM), such as Ibanez™. Eventually, the commercial relationship between the two firms grew stronger in the 1970s, to a point where Hoshino Gakki (owner of the Ibanez™ brand) became Nisshin Onpa’s most important client. The NJM is smoother sounding and less compressed than other Op Amps, offering superior sound quality with low noise.Like the OD808, the OD-9 provides the natural, mild overdrive of a tube amp without sacrificing the guitar's original tone. It can also be used as a clean booster to provide increased gain from an amplifier. The OD-9 is a true-to-spec reissue of the legendary 1980’s OD-9/TS-9 circuit, with the addition of true bypass switching for clean, uncolored tone when bypassed. LED Power/Battery Life Indicator - Ultra bright LED indicates effect status (on/off). Dim or no LED indicates that the battery is low or not installed. Express Post will usually be with you next business day in metro areas of QLD, NSW, SA, VIC and TAS. WA will take 2 days to metro and extra days after that to out side metro and rural areas. With the Tube knob at zero, the TOD sounds exactly like an OD-9. Engage this control and experience the unmistakable magic of tube tone – a big, FAT, natural-sounding bottom end and the characteristic tube “sag” that makes lead lines sing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment