276°
Posted 20 hours ago

McVitie's Hobnobs Choc Chip Biscuits 300g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hobnobs is also a brand of British biscuits launched by McVities in 1985. They’re made from rolled and jumbo oats, and are marketed in some countries as a digestive biscuit.

In a small saucepan over a low-medium heat (or in bowl in 10 second intervals in the microwave) melt together the butter (125g | 1/2 Cup + 1 tbsp) and golden syrup (1 tbsp) then set aside to cool. This version of homemade chocolate hobnobs is much healthier and they’re really easy to make. They only call for 7 ingredients that are easy to get hold of at most supermarket. Both a hobo and a digestive are traditional British biscuits, and they are frequently confused. There is, however, a noticeable difference between the two ingredients. digestives are made with wholemeal flour and baking powder, whereas hobnobs are made with rolled oats and white self-raising flour. As a result, each biscuit has its own distinct flavor and texture, and consumers can choose the one that best meets their requirements.Not even giving rise to the biscuit/cake divide here because it’s the most boring discussion since the great sparkling water debate of 2013 which we have all blanked from our memories. Jaffa Cakes are a confusing biscuit, they don’t crunch, they don’t snap and they certainly don’t adapt to the conditions met with being dunked into a cup of tea. Whatever they are, they’re not awful. If someone put a plate of Jaffa Cakes in front of you, are you going to eat one? Yes, absolutely. At the end of the day, they are a treat. They combine chocolate with some sort of dough, ergo, they are not bad. A biscuit that has been named after a bodily function does not deserve respect, frankly. Digestive biscuits should never be anyone’s first choice. If a Digestive biscuit was a person, it would be Ross Geller. A digestive biscuit will always be there, should you need it, but ideally you’re never going to be in a position where that’s a top priority. Their performance when dunked into tea is laughable. They leave a trail of crumbs wherever they go and overall, they’re boring as hell. If you love Digestives, you are a Tory.

If you don't have coconut oil or prefer not to use it, you can substitute it with an equal amount of vegan butter or margarine. This will still give your hob nobs a rich and buttery taste. It wouldn’t be a healthy option if you chose a vegan butter instead as it will be made with refined seed oils, which is inflammatory. Fruit, as we have learned, does not belong in a biscuit under any circumstances. Although Fig Rolls are inexplicably better than Garibaldis and Fruit Shortcakes, they’re still not terrific. The biscuit part does the heavy lifting here. It’s smooth, crunchy and slightly doughy which works well with the fig filling. In fairness to the fig, it’s heavily sweetened so that it doesn’t feel overly healthy, but it is. Deep down, it contains health and that is not the objective of a biscuity treat. Your Nan buys Fig Rolls. For you. But you decline them, you ungrateful but absolutely correct son of a bitch.

Follow This Blog With Bloglovin

Because animals die as a result of the increasing palm oil consumption, many vegans choose to avoid it. However, replacing it with another source is not the answer because palm oil requires the least amount of resources. I've been a hobnob eater for years as well as a home cook/baker but for some reason never thought about making them. These are delicious. I subbed Lyle's golden syrup for honey since I'd seen several British recipes that used it. I reduced the amount of sugar by about 1/8th cup and added an extra pinch of salt. So good! My teenage son ate about 12 of them after dinner and I enjoyed mine with my morning cup of tea #anglophile. Thanks to advances in technology, vegans will never again be unable to enjoy traditional milk chocolate. Dairy-free plant-based milk chocolate has been developed to provide vegans with a delicious, creamy, and smooth alternative to milk chocolate, which can cause digestive discomfort. vegans enjoy this type of chocolate because it contains no dairy and is rich, decadent, and free of lactose. This type of chocolate not only provides a delicious treat, but it is also vegan and has a number of health benefits. Plant-based milk is healthier than dairy and has more vitamins and minerals. It is also lower in fat and calories, making it an excellent choice for people who want to be healthy. Plant-based milk is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. So, if you are vegan, you can enjoy a delicious, creamy, and guilt-free treat without worrying about your digestive system. Can Vegans Eat Chocolate Biscuits?

Rolled Oats, Wholemeal Wheat Flour, Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Palm), Plain Chocolate Chips [Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Soya Lecithin, Natural Flavouring], Partially Inverted Sugar Syrup, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ammonium Bicarbonate & Salt. Possibly the fanciest biscuit on the list, these guys are pure decadence. They ooze sophistication and grandeur. Having a Viennese biscuit means you are a person who deserves and indulges in life’s finest things from time to time, not because you have to, but because you want to. These are satisfying biscuits. There’s a high quality chocolate piped through the middle and the crunch is life-changing. Credit where it’s due, a Viennese is a delicious biscuit. A cup of tea is mandatory to activate the melting of the chocolate as well as the softening of the biscuit itself. It’s not an everyday biscuit. It’s a treat and it’s a goddamn good one. Spokesman Andrew Gillon said: “We all know us Brits love a brew and our poll showed that on average we consume three cups of tea or coffee in a typical day, two of which will be enjoyed with a biscuit or two as a treat. Of course they’re in the top three, they’re Custard bloody Creams. They’ve been around longer than the world. You’ll find them at every birthday, wedding, funeral, job interview and subsequent job firing meeting because they’re always there for you. Custard Creams don’t ask for much. They just plod along in this godforsaken world, doing their best and encouraging you to do the same. Dip them in tea, eat them dry, do whatever the hell you want. Just be happy. Milk Chocolate [Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Whey (Milk), Butter Oil (Milk), Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, E476), Natural Flavoring]Absolutely! Feel free to add your favourite mix-ins to the hob nobs. You can add chocolate chips, dried fruits, or coconut to enhance the flavour and texture. Just be mindful of any dietary restrictions or allergies when choosing your mix-ins. Homemade Chocolate Hobnobs are the perfect treat. Easy to make, tasty, filled with yummy oats, and covered in smooth chocolate. There’s nothing better dunked in tea! Plain Chocolate Chips [Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Natural Flavoring] Flour – Self raising flour is best but if you don’t have any, you can use 125g of plain flour and 1.5 tsp of baking powder instead.

NOTE: when I say biscuit in this post, I’m referring to the British word for cookie. I think of a biscuit as a certain type of cookie: one which is thin and always dry and crunchy, never soft or chewy. What I do not mean by biscuit is a scone-type-thing. Okay. Cool. Let’s proceed. I like to use chocolate with a cocoa content of 70%, meaning that 70% of the chocolate has been made from ingredients in the cocoa bean. The remaining 30% will consist of other ingredients, such as sugar, predominantly but may also include, for example, tiny percentages of vanilla flavouring. The higher the percentage, the stronger the cocoa flavour, which means it will be more bitter and less sweet. So are Hobnobs vegan? Yes! The plain Hobnobs, gluten-free, and chocolate chip Hobnobs are all accidentally vegan. However, the milk chocolate and dark chocolate Hobnobs are not suitable for a vegan diet because they contain milk. I must admit that I haven’t had a hobnob in years, but I still remember exactly how delicious they taste! So crunchy and sweet. Since chocolate makes any dessert taste better in my opinion, it’s not a surprise thatI likechocolate hobnobs even more. They’redangerouslyaddictive!I love to use raw local honey for this recipe this is not vegan so use other sweeteners like, coconut blossom nectar, maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave. I've made these many times as my husband adores hobnobs but they are sometimes hard for us to find. This recipe has always been a hit. I found it difficult to mix the dry into the wet. It was like the oatmeal wouldn't fully incorporate. On my latest batch, I pulsed the oatmeal in a processor a few times. Didn't make it a powder, just smoothed it out. It resulted in biscuits that looked commercially made, and the dough was so much easier to work with. I use a melon baller for a uniform size. This is a great recipe. Have you heard about a vegan Hobnob? This was something I was also very excited about. Needless to say, I was overjoyed to learn that McVities had released a gluten-free version of this classic biscuit.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment