276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oh My God What a Complete Aisling The Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Es sind eben die kleinen oder größeren Aufregungen des Alltags an denen die Autorinnen uns teilhaben lassen. With plenty going on both in Dublin and at home in the country, there isn't a single moment of boredom. It is a culture shock for the small town girl as she willingly joins their never ending rose wine and champagne drinking, the world of celebrities, new places to go out, their strange sense of fashion and ideas of cool, veganism and avocado diets. Als ihr langjähriger Freund die Hoffnungen auf einen Antrag zerschlägt, verlässt Aisling ihn und zieht zur Ablenkung in eine verrückte WG in Dublin. So maybe a few things were slightly over the top, some a tad stereotypical and some a bit predictable, but it really didn’t matter.

Maybe it is because I am Irish and therefore could relate to so much of Aisling's life and see similarities EVERYWHERE 😂 but mainly I think it was because Aisling is a little bit of everyone we know as well as a little bit of ourselves and to be honest I wouldn't want it any other way. Sarah Breen is a journalist whose work has appeared in Stellar , Image , U , the Irish Independent and The Gloss . It is also poignant, and having lost my father suddenly five years ago, and lived through some of the thoughts and scenes described, I found that part of the story too real – it was like being back in the hospital again, being told that there was no hope, that it could be weeks or even days (it was barely 36 hours), and fighting so hard to keep it all together instead of breaking down both then and at the funeral. It was quite easy imagining myself sitting down somewhere with a cup of coffee and a piece of cake and have Aisling tell me all about her family, flatmates, colleagues and friends. You might think everything is rosy for Aisling: she is in a long term relationship with her boyfriend, John, but even Aisling is starting to wonder when one of the weddings she goes to will be her own.

I laughed a lot, which I rarely do with books, I sometimes smile or smirk, but only very occasionally do I laugh. Newly single and relocated to the big city, life is about to change utterly for this wonderful, strong, surprising and funny girl, who just happens to be a complete Aisling.

Doch leider haben diese kleinen Ähnlichkeiten nicht verhindern können, dass Aisling schnell anfing, mich zu nerven. I didn't know this before I read the novel, so it's not essential information, but I found it interesting that Aisling is a (seemingly fond, not cruel) term for a certain type of girl - and what an amusing character this novel's Aisling is! So (to quote Monty Python) even though this book makes you look on the bright side of life, it reminds us that sometimes life is a piece of shit, when you look at it. I suspect (although have not followed the Facebook group so can’t be sure) – that it started off with lots of the jokes off the Facebook page – but then had to be filled out with proper novel!She wants out of her parents’ house, although she’d miss Mammy turning on the electric blanket like clockwork and Daddy taking her car ‘out for a spin’ and bringing it back full of petrol. Although I really love the sound of an Irish voice the narrator's voice on the audiobook was just not for me.

Never having come across the name Sadhbh before, I did have to resort to googling it - I can't bear to think I'm getting it wrong. There's also frustratingly little by way of character/relationship development which means that the ending deposits the reader back at square one but pretends to be something new. I let the words trail off and look down at my plate full of croissant crumbs so he won’t see my eyes fill with tears.So Aisling embarks on something of a life-changing experience, still donning her anorak and holding into her good sense.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment