276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Clever Guts Diet: How to revolutionise your body from the inside out

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If symptoms recur after completion of this plan, you can complete the process again. However, if your symptoms are particularly troublesome and not settling as expected, we recommend you see a health professional. In a large bowl massage the salt into the cabbage and onion and leave to sweat for 1-2 hrs. The natural fluid from the vegetables will collect at the bottom of the bowl. Keep this fluid in the bowl for later.

Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that help keep your digestive system healthy by boosting the number and variety of ‘good’ gut microbes and reducing the growth of harmful microbes. As mentioned in The Clever Guts Diet book, these are the ‘Old Friends’, the good bugs, often passed on from generation to generation. Research has shown that the microbiome is an active participant in the yo-yo dieting phenomenon. According to the researchers “...yo-yo dieting, at least in mice, creates an unhealthy biome, rich in bacteria that are hell bent on destroying flavonoids, which in turn leads to rapid weight gain.”

This book didn't disappoint. It's a journey into your microbiome which is in your gut. It contains information on how to 'change' it, or make it more diverse. We are learning all the time in the science field that the gut could be the route of a lot of problems - including such things as depression and anxiety. It's a fascinating area and Dr. Mosley does a fantastic job at explaining it. He's not patronising, but at the same time he doesn't shy away from medical/scientific language. He explains everything very well and in the right amount of details. I also really liked that he says he can't shy away from chocolate no matter how much he tries - chocolate is my downfall too, made me feel a bit better about myself!

Michael Mosley is a British television journalist, producer and presenter, working with the BBC. He's famous for all sorts of health-related shows including 'Trust me, I'm a doctor' and 'Eat, fast, and live longer'. In 2017 Michael Mosley released 'The Clever Guts Diet' book about gut health. It is great to see so many people embracing the age old tradition of fermenting food – now sought after for both improved health and better taste. And it is generally good value too! branch out and get as much diversity in your diet as possible. 75% of the world's food comes from just 12 plants and 5 animal species! The more different plants you eat the more diverse your microbiome. A good summary of what we know about gut health and a great collection of simple recipes. I was surprised to learn that the microbes in our gut don't just help regulate weight, they influence how much food is extracted from what we eat, control hunger signals, regulates our immune system, influence our cravings and even influence our mood. The foods to favour – whole foods, fresh foods, fermented foods, good oil, etc and the foods and additives to avoid – processed foods, junk foods, emulsifiers and artificial sweeteners – which he says have been shown to a have a deleterious effect on the variety and health of our gut microbes. Part 2 tells you how to reboot your biome and repair any damage and this is followed by a recipe section. My nigglesHet dieet dat hij bespreekt op het einde van het boek is een softe versie van het FODMAP dieet. Mensen met PDS zijn dus niet meteen geholpen met deze adviezen.

The microbiome regulates body weight, controls hunger signals, decides which foods we crave, and how much our blood sugar spikes and which foods cause it to spike. We are often told that regulating weight is a simple matter of matching Calories ingested with Calories expended in exercise. The Clever Guts Diet challenges this notion because research shows that the "bacteria in your gut can influence how many of the Calories that go in, stay in." What's more, each person's gut treats food differently. We all know someone who can eat cream cakes with impunity yet someone else only has to LOOK at a cream cake to put on kilos. Mosley tells us that in addition to what we all know the gut does, i.e. transforms food into the nutrients and energy our bodies need, it also "... accounts for most of our immune system and produces more than two dozen hormones that influence everything from our appetite to our mood."In general, the Reintroduction Phase involves moving towards healthier ways of eating that will be good for you, your gut and your gut bacteria. This means introducing more prebiotic foods to feed the bacteria, such as onions, chicory and apples, along with probiotic foods such as fermented foods like live yoghurt or fermented vegetables, which top up the healthy bacteria in your gut. The Clever Guts Diet : How to Revolutionise Your Body from the Inside Out by (author) Michael Mosley , with Tanya Borowski

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment