276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Stranded (The Stranded, 1)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The storyline kept me interested and I mostly liked the characters. I did love that all the characters were able to show different aspects of their personalities. The only one I didn't enjoy was Hadley because he was just all bad. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Not so much a spoiler: It IS awesome. We have three alternating POVs: Sixteen year old Nik who is trying to help cause a rebellion: A act to liberate the Arcadia. Also sixteen year old Esther who is trying to just study and be a doctor. She gets dragged into the rebellion. And of course we have a POV of a baddie: Hadley. Boo! This is honestly one of the best action centred books I've read in a while! Think Titanic meets The Hunger Games !.' Snowpiercer meets The Hunger Games in a gripping near-future dystopian: romances, betrayals, and fights for freedom in a world turned upside-down...

The Stranded (Stranded, book 1) by Sarah Daniels The Stranded (Stranded, book 1) by Sarah Daniels

There is the usual distinction between the lives of privilege and poverty on board and with crime and corruption rife, the only hope for the future of children born on ship is education and recruitment as a soldier or medic. Inevitably rebellion is brewing and allies both inside and outside the Federation are working towards freedom but will the rebels triumph before the Federation policy of ship clearance and slavery reaches the Arcadia? The story is told through three points of view including the third person insight into the villainous, sadistic military commander. Esther is a would-be medic on the brink of achieving a brighter future. Nik is a rebel from the ship’s underbelly. They are thrown together at the centre of the rebellion and refreshingly there is absolutely no romance muddying the waters or at least not between them! I love a dystopia and I enjoyed this one. The story development was clever and I can’t imagine living in these conditions. I wouldn’t compare this to anything else and just enjoy the ride!

For forty years, residents of the Arcadia have been prohibited from making landfall. It is a world of extreme haves and have nots, gangs, and make-shift shelters. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - Unfortunately, this book was a complete miss for me. After the initial set-up, I'm talking the first 5-8%, I was feeling good about it, but then nothing happened. A place of extreme haves and have-nots, gangs and make-shift shelters, its people are tyrannized by a country they can see but can't get to. A country that says it doesn't want them. For forty years, residents of the Arcadia have been prohibited from making landfall. It is a world of extreme haves and have nots, gangs and make-shift shelters.

The Stranded by Sarah Daniels | The StoryGraph The Stranded by Sarah Daniels | The StoryGraph

Formerly a luxury cruise ship, the Arcadia became a refuge for those fleeing Europe after a deadly virus was unleashed during biological warfare in this duology opener. A gripping, near-future thriller - The Hunger Games meets Station Eleven, for fans of pacey, disruptive TV, such as the Noughts and Crosses adaptationIf you are a huge fan of the Hunger Games era books, you might love this. I would 100% believe The Stranded was written 10 years ago when there was no longer a market for it. I was hoping for a modern take on the YA dystopian genre, and I guess that's my fault. This book may be directed to young adults, but it should be listed as for all adults. I loved this book. I could not put it down. Please note: This review may not be reproduced or quoted, in whole or in part, without explicit consent from the author. A gripping near-future thriller: love triangles, betrayals and fights for freedom in a world turned upside-down . . . for fans of Suzanne Collins, Emily St John Mandel, and Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer. Esther and Nik, architects of the rebellion, are on the run. Esther is in hiding, desperate to do something to help her people, and Nik seems to have abandoned all hope, on a journey taking him further and further from home. And neither of them want to face up to their true feelings about one another . . .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment