276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MORDAUNT-SHORT M20, Compact Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:Home Audio:Home Audio Components:Stereo Component Combos

Home, Furniture and DIY:Smart Home and Surveillance:Smart Speakers, Hubs and Accessories:Smart Speakers I've owned the speakers for 30 years because I've loved the sound. Sometimes when I turn up the volume I think there is a bit of high frequency distortion, otherwise I think they are as good as new. To compare the speakers you would need to accurately know the specifications and the original selling price.

However, the good news for the OP is that MS20i Pearl Editions would be an excellent and very cost effective upgrade and well worth waiting for a really good pair to come along. Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:TV, Video and Audio Parts:Record Player, Turntable Parts What Hi-Fi?, founded in 1976, is the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products. Our comprehensive tests help you buy the very best for your money, with our advice sections giving you step-by-step information on how to get even more from your music and movies. Everything is tested by our dedicated team of in-house reviewers in our custom-built test rooms in London, Reading and Bath. Our coveted five-star rating and Awards are recognised all over the world as the ultimate seal of approval, so you can buy with absolute confidence. We focus on education, discussion, and sharing of entry and mid level separate & multi component audio systems. Looking at the numbers it seems that the MS going lower frequencies but otherwise I can’t find any direct comparison between the two.

Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:Home Audio:Home Audio Components:Record Players/Home Turntables Solid constructionLike the M10, the M20 has a cabinet constructed of heavy duty MDF. This rigidity helps the sound quality as it ensures the cabinet doesn’t distort and bring unnatural colouration to the sound. A neat touch with both drive units is the absence of visible fixings. This not only provides clean, good looks but also enhances the sound imaging as smooth surfaces enhance staging precision. Compact dimensions and a neutral finish help the M20 blend in to its surroundings. I’m clearing up my audio collection. These MS 902 signatures are collectibles and step above the easily found variants 902i. Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:TV, Video and Audio Accessories:Home Audio Accessories:Audio Cables and InterconnectsAn alternative to new is to go for a different second hand speaker and that way you will be spending less and won't lose any money if you wish to re-sell. You can then compare/contrast easily in your own home environment and also with your MS 20's.

It is a reassuring characteristic of most of the smaller high-fidelity manufacturers in the UK that they do not bring out new models every few months just for the sake of drawing attention to themselves or introducing cosmetic changes. Mordaunt-Short belong to this small but reliable band, and in about 16 years of making loudspeakers they have modified their designs only two or three times as new materials or techniques have become available. Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:Home Audio:Receivers and Amplifiers:Amplifiers and PreampsElectronics:Home Audio Stereos, Components:Speaker Parts and Components:Speaker Building Components To my ears, these speakers offer a full sound. There is fantastic detail, yet lots of warmth. I position them 8cm from a rear wall.

With Scott Walker's 30th Century Man playing, the 902is time really well, marshalling a natural tempo, and integrating voices and instruments pretty seamlessly. Plenty of fine detail is on display, with the 902is confident, assertive voice being beautifully judged. Consumer Electronics:TV, Video and Home Audio:Home Audio:Home Audio Components:Other Home Stereo Components You aren't getting any responses because you are asking an impossible question. When it gets down to two speakers, then only you wallet and your ears can tell you which is right. That Chinese company is Audio Partnership, the same that owns Cambridge Audio. There is a business connection with Richer Sounds, hence Richers being the only UK dealer selling CA kit.Vehicle Parts and Accessories:Car Parts:Interior Parts and Furnishings:Other Interior Parts and Trim

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment