276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Split: The most gripping, twisty thriller of the year (A Richard & Judy Book Club pick)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The author created very likable and relatable and realistic characters, even in the supposed antagonist Emily. Emily is Ally’s ex and the one to give Ally the boot which sets the storyline in motion and the author brings across Emily not as a mean ex but as someone who’s just lost, maybe just as lost as Ally the way I see it. If you haven't read any books by this author, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? You really don't know what you are missing! She is my all time favorite author. All of her books have been WINNERS for me. This one is a memorable read. a b Couch, Aaron (January 22, 2017). " 'Split': M. Night Shyamalan explains an ending years in the making". The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved January 22, 2017.

The storyline really reminded me of the film 'Brittany Runs a Marathon' and I was forever picturing Ally as a British version of Brittany! I loved Ally's character... she's witty and determined but also very down-to-earth. She's the kind of person I'd imagine myself being friends with in real life!

Creative Play

You know something has broke me in the best of ways or I’m about to go salty when I give you the summary of a book because I NEVER give the summary of a book. Here is the summary of The Split by Sharon Bolton: Felicity lives in fear – fear that her ex-husband Freddie will find her, even out here. She took a job on this isolated island to hide from him, but now that he's out of prison, having served a term for murder, she knows he won’t give up until he finds her. Wonderful review Christine. I also loved this one and the twists were fantastic. A great thriller for sure. For most of its human history, South Georgia lay at the heart of the whaling industry in the southern hemisphere, at one time boasting four active whaling stations that employed over a thousand men. Hundreds of thousands of whales of every species were hunted and slaughtered here, to provide the whale oil demanded by the industrialised countries of the north. It is safe to say that South Georgia is largely responsible for the near extinction of whales in the south Atlantic and, to this day, the populations are proving slow to recover.

McDonald, Toby (November 20, 2016). "James McAvoy reveals he broke his hand while shooting latest film Split but carried on like a trooper". Daily Record. Archived from the original on August 1, 2023 . Retrieved December 4, 2017. The true strength of the book for me was the slow build/honest view of the new lives they’re building and the supporting characters. Es la primera vez que leo a la autora y tengo que deciros que me ha sorprendido su pluma, aunque lo que quizás me ha gustado más, es la historia que hay detrás, que le haya dado visibilidad al colectivo lgtbi 🏳️‍🌈 y con tanto cariño, ha hecho que lea la historia casi sin darme cuenta. The remote Antarctic island of South Georgia is about to send off its last boat of the summer – which signifies safety to resident glaciologist Felicity Lloyd. Felicity lives in fear – fear that her ex-husband Freddie will find her, even out here. She took a job on this isolated island to hide from him, but now that he’s out of prison, having served a term for murder, she knows he won’t give up until he finds her. One of the strongest things in this book, in my very subjective opinion, was how flawed everyone is. Every character feels real in a way that made me want to instantly befriend them all (and also shake some sense into most of them, except for Sophie and Charlie, who are perfect and I would die for them.) Ally makes some abysmal decisions, and, as the book goes on, it becomes clear that her ex is not, in fact, an evil tyrant who dumped Ally for no reason. We learn this along with Ally, and it felt very authentic to see the truth of the situation come into view at the same time she does. I'm always a fan of books where the protagonist is allowed to be messy and to make mistakes, and to do deeply questionable things; I don't believe a character should be forced to be likeable at all times. Real people aren't. Ally was still a deeply sympathetic character, even when she was being a real idiot, and that's the mark of great writing; I never stopped rooting for her.Dark, fascinating and full of surprises; the prose gleams like ice in the Antarctic sun.” Mark Edwards.

I present exhibit A, circled. I was so entrenched in The Split that I failed to provide the proper amount of attention to the head of the CNMCC, Pavel. To which he then felt it right and necessary to take his spite out on the corner of the book, by attempting to chew on it. Shameful behavior.Viewers last saw how Hannah's solid marriage to Nathan, played by Stephen Mangan, fell apart due to her affair with her previous partner Christie (Barry Atsma). If you were able to enjoy this, I'm happy for you. The above review is expressing my personal thoughts towards this book and I am afraid that these were less than favorable. And all of this I absolutely loved about it. I would read a thousand books about lesbians being allowed to be just as messy as straight characters, to be allowed to make mistakes, hurt people, to not be forgiven. It’s all a very… human story, I suppose. It’s about learning from your errors, having the room to make those errors. I'm a huge Sharon Bolton fan, and this is her best yet ... as always, great story, wonderful characters, all floating on a breathless buzz, somewhere between dread and fright." — Lee Child Split was released on Digital HD on April 4, 2017 and on Blu-Ray, DVD, and On-Demand on April 18, 2017, by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. [20] Reception [ edit ] Box office [ edit ]

Open Letter to the Director". December 28, 2016. Archived from the original on February 2, 2017 . Retrieved January 28, 2017. I loved Ally and Jeremey’s relationship and they’re running journey. I felt really close to them andSplit is a standalone sequel to Shyamalan's 2000 film Unbreakable although not marketed as such, instead saving the revelation for a scene featuring Bruce Willis reprising his Unbreakable role in an uncredited cameo. Commentators dubbed Split the first-ever "stealth sequel", and the first solo supervillain origin film. The 2019 film Glass, which combined the casts and characters of both previous films, concluded Shyamalan's Unbreakable trilogy. After a passionate courtship and a marriage that lasted two decades, Esther and Lucas are getting a divorce. Esther has to navigate a new world, watching from afar her soon to be ex-husband's life doing on with his younger new girlfriend. When their teenage son, Dylan, runs away, they have to join forces, whether they want to or not. I’m a huge Sharon Bolton fan and this is her best yet…as always, great story, wonderful characters, all floating on a breathless buzz, somewhere between dread and fright.” Lee Child Bolton has an ability to change the tone of all those pieces on a drop of a dime in ways you never see coming. It is at times serious and scorching to straight out hysterical. There is dry wit, deadpanned sarcasm to absurd hysterics and then complete gruesome horror. Not often gory horror, although at times it can be a bit bloody, but definitely bending more into horror than I’ve read in the past. Not one piece of this is ever out of place or inappropriate. Thank you to Minotaur Books for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment