276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team Starter Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, after a couple of games, minor assembly niggles fade into insignificance – and the book-passingfaff ceases to be a real concern, as you’ll have memorised most of the key bits and bobs for both Kill Teams by then. Octarius is, for the most part, a well put together, well presented starter set – and, once you settle into this game’s rhythm, you won’t mind so much about the stumbles along the way, because (spoiler) Kill Team 2.0 is a really good game. Quality issues aside, it’s pretty easy to recommend Pariah Nexus, even at full price. Given the cost of Games Workshop models, you’re essentially getting the rules and paper products inside this box for free. But I’d gladly pay a bit more (or do with less green Necron furniture) to see the issues with all the paper goods sorted out. If you’re really put off, but still want all these models, maybe wait a few months for them to go on sale individually. The rulebook in the Starter is the “compact” version, it doesn’t have all the same bells and whistles (like cards and dice), and the terrain set is essentially just the scatter terrain and not the full-on Orky encampment. This starter set is likely going to be cheaper than the Octarius box by a wide margin as well. The Starter will be a cheaper way to get into the game and will also be a cheaper way of getting all the components vs purchasing them individually. And yes, the Kommados and Death Korps are getting new boxed sets, too! Still, in spite of all my naysaying, it’s a nice addition and will help new players create a more immersive wargaming experience on their table top, but this likely won’t cut the mustard for more experienced and serious players. Tokens With the Space Marines securing the initiative, victory was in their grasp – though a few bad rolls and the Necrons could still seize the day. Space Marine Turn 5

Also, a lot of the Kill Team stuff available from GW at the moment is sold in bundles, which makes figuring out a price per component all the more difficult. Anyway, I’ve done my best below – but take this with a pinch of salt. ItemIn addition to the core rules, the Intercession Squad Kill Team will get you right into the action with a band of six powerful Primaris Intercessors or Assault Intercessors – which you can mix and match to suit your tactics. Having being hurled headfirst into the finer points of Age of Sigmar and more recently waterboarded in a barrel of 40K, I’m now first in the firing line for the new Kill Team box set, Pariah Nexus. Parts for two-three extra bits of raised gantry (for some reason not mentioned in the Octarius book or instructions) They’re another really great kit. Each miniature is bursting with personality and is utterly unique. As with all of the recent 40K Ork releases, the Kommandos kit does a great job of treading the fine line between “pant-wettingly hilarious” and “flat-out terrifying” that Orks in the 41st Millennium love to use as a skipping rope (or as something to strangle a particularly beefy foe with). Scenery

They can’t help but be upstaged by the outrageous Ork Kommandos, though. I’m not a particularly huge Greenskins stan, but, in the personality stakes, the greenskins blow the kriegers out of the water here, with an endlessly lip-curling smorgasbord of chunky weaponry, big yellin’ faces, and scrapyard couture that you can’t help but love. Give them Ali G-style luminous camouflage threads, and I’ll give you an extra point. What I always find amusing about the art on these boxes is how, rather like in the Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series, in spite of the chaotic battle taking place between two heavily-armed and bloodthirsty factions and all the sharp edges, shooty bits and explosions, no one appears to have been even remotely injured. There are also plenty of variant builds again – most of the time each Kommando can be built in at least one if not two alternate ways, with different weapon options and slightly different poses. However, due to the layout of the terrain, there was nothing they could do at the end of their turn as the Space Marines were out of range and could not be seen. Space Marine Turn 1 Whilst it’s occasionally let down by a clunky beginner’s guide, there’s a lot to like in the new Kill Team Starter Set box. Awesome miniatures and some excellent savings make it easier than ever to get into the latest edition of Games Workshops fast-paced tabletop skirmish wargame. Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team Starter Set Review – Introduction

There are two books in the Kill Team Starter Set. One is the all-important (and oddly named) “Recruit Edition” book, which is essentially a beginners guide designed to teach brand-new players of Kill Team all the stuff they need to get playing. The players each take a few of their models (outlined in the mission set up) and deploys them as shown in the book. The objective is to move to the end of the killzone and prevent your opponent from doing the same. Towards the middle of the map, the Space Marines and the Captain opened the doors they had been hiding behind and readied up, waiting for what seemed to be an inevitable Necron charge… Necron Turn 2 The increased buy-in cost isn’t the only complaint, either. As a few other reviewers(including everyone’s favourite soothing-voiced nerdy YouTube uncle,Tabletop Minions’ Atom Smasher), have remarked, the list-building rules in the Compendium not only appear pretty light on Abilities and Unique Actions(which helpgive distinct, meaningful in-game roles to thevarious different operators), but also leave many factions very limitedin the variety of models they can fieldat once. And finally, the Morale Phase. Here, the psychological will of your units is put to the test to see if they’re broken or shaken.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment