276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya Xf71 Acrili Mini Green

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm well aware of color-shift, fading, yellowing, and a whole host of other issues effecting old photos, I'm as much into photography as I am into this hobby. It is difficult to interpret much of anything color-wise from these old photos, but I think we need to keep an open mind about what colors were actually used, particularly near the end of the war. Mixed paint, substitutions, poor solvents, weathering, fading, yadda yadda...it all adds up to one big mess. Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Bronze X-33 81533 – C534 Log in for wholesale price

Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Desert Yellow XF-59 – C592 Log in for wholesale priceGreenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Flat Earth XF-52 – C565 Log in for wholesale price This will yield a primarily blue color with a slight green tint. Spray on with a light color feed and stop when you are satisfied with the color. You can experiment with different mixes. Green has a very strong chroma so very little is needed. The Smoke is used to tone down the clear colors as otherwise they will give a bright "candy apple" phony look. A comment from Gary Kwan concerning the late war camo scheme on PzIV and Jagdtigers build at Nibelungenwerk;

Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Flat Aluminium XF-16 81716 – C585 Log in for wholesale price Thanks guys, i wish I could repay you for the wealth of information here, but I have limited knowledge in this area. I can only hope that this post will help someone else who may have this question in the future.

Mix matched to a cloth artifact from Zero BII-120, landed on Niihau Island, Dec. 7, 1942. Likely also to match cloth on control surfaces of AI-154 shot down at Ft. Kamehameha and BI-151 crashed at Kaneohe NAS the same day. Brush-applied yellowish-khaki coat over natural metal on Type 99 Val shot down in Middle Loch, Pearl Harbor. Tail code AII-251. I hope this helps and it's my own experience that I hint about, just don't get too hung up over it.

Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Chrome Silver X-11 – C514 Log in for wholesale price Early Nakajima Zeros have their landing gear bays in aotake. The doors are the underside color except for the interior surface of the central 'butterfly' doors that are coated in aotake. The other shades provide useful altenatives for different vehicles and I'll use to represent differential wear and fading etc. It's just useful to have a colour reference and being as lazy as I am _ I prefr using the Vallejo or Mig Ammo dropper bottles. So it would seem that XF92 is intended to be RAL8000, although the pot lid colour looks more like 8020. XF93 is intended to be 8020 but the pot lid seems to be way off: it's more like BS Light Stone. And where are 7008 and 7027??There are a couple of "Humbrol to Vallejo" conversion charts available, but there isn't any equivalent of Humbrol 78 from Vallejo. But it's one of the most important colors, since you need it for the cheeks and dome of the helmet. Some people use Vallejo German Uniform. I painted some test objects and compared it side to side to Humbrol 78. German Uniform looks nothing like Humbrol 78: It's way too dark and it's doesn't even look very green to me. I looked at some other peoples paint jobs and original reference photos and tried to mix my own base color which also differs from Humbrol 78. I tried to achieve something like a slight "mint green". See the pictures above. Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Field Blue XF-50 81750 – C5212 Log in for wholesale price

Mixes matched to a fabric surface taken from the same Zero. This gray color would be found on all fabric-covered control surfaces. Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Dark Green 2 XF-89 – C536 Log in for wholesale price Mitsubishi-built Zeros have their landing gear bays and doors painted inside and out in the exterior gray-green-khaki color. Greenhills Tamiya 10ml Bottle of Acrylic Paint – Dark Green (JGSDF) XF-73 – C57 Log in for wholesale priceI'm not saying "Paint your model the color of your grandmother's bathroom", more like; "Hey, look at this weird color, I wonder what that's all about." When I go with Tamiya Field Grey TS-78 and Vallejo Gunship Green 70.895 (which seem to be in good balance) I can not use TS-78 for the helmet as well. So I would use my custom mix (Vallejo German Uniform 70.920, Vallejo Gunship Green 70.895 and Vallejo White 70.951). But I think that that it would be too bright in comparison to the Tamiya Field Grey. When I don't mix the colors and use Vallejo German Uniform 70.920 only it looks almost as dark as the Armor and it doesn't look green at all but more like dark grey. So that's the reason why I brightened it up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment