276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbarella Science Fiction Film Advert Poster Jane Fonda Vintage Stars Photo Picture

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Vankin, Deborah; Boucher, Geoff (27 January 2011). "Jane Fonda: I want to star in 'Barbarella' sequel". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 15 September 2014 . Retrieved 25 July 2014.

Welcome to the official Film/Art Gallery collection of original Barbarella vintage movie posters, where we offer a wide range of artwork for one of cinema's ultimate science-fiction films. Jane Fonda was at the time married to Vadim, and was reluctant to take the role at first. She had just weathered multiple sex scandals that would be today considered tame: Photographs were taken of her in stages of undress, including one that made its way onto a billboard to promote an earlier film. Ultimately, she accepted the role of Barbarella as a sexually liberated woman — not rebelling against any prudish standards, but having never known such standards at all.Morgan, Spencer (16 October 2007). "Barbar-hella! Robert Rodriguez Is Fonda of Rose McGowan in Queen of the Galaxy Role, But Universal Winces". The New York Observer. Archived from the original on 19 October 2007 . Retrieved 17 October 2007.

Paglia, Camille (12 September 2010). "Lady Gaga and the death of sex". The Sunday Times. Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Curtiss, Thomas Quinn (16 January 1966). "And Vadim 'Created' Jane Fonda". The New York Times. p.X15. Kehr, Dave (13 March 2013). "Barbarella". Chicago Reader. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016 . Retrieved 6 December 2016. Cinée-ressources" (in French). Cineressources.net. Archived from the original on 9 August 2017 . Retrieved 8 August 2017.Akbar, Arifa (2 December 2012). "Barbarella, the queen of cult sci-fi, is reborn for the 21st century". Irish Independent. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014 . Retrieved 17 April 2014.

a b Jaafar, Ali (29 January 2016). "Nicolas Winding Refn Teaming With James Bond Scribes Purvis & Wade On New Project". Deadline.com. Archived from the original on 21 December 2016 . Retrieved 2 December 2016. Gaultier, Jean Paul (3 March 2017). "Vive la difference! Jean Paul Gaultier Reflects on the Great French Fashion Rebels of the 20th Century". CNN. Archived from the original on 16 August 2017 . Retrieved 16 August 2017. Having bought the film rights to Jean-Claude Forest's Barbarella comics, producer Dino De Laurentiis secured a distribution deal in the United States between France's Marianne Productions and Paramount Pictures. He planned to film Danger: Diabolik, a less-expensive feature, to help cover production costs. [12] In 1966 Roger Vadim expressed admiration for comics (particularly Charles Schulz's Peanuts), saying that he liked "the wild humor and impossible exaggeration of comic strips" and wanted to "do something in that style myself in my next film, Barbarella." [13] Vadim saw the film as a chance to "depict a new futuristic morality ... Barbarella has [no] guilt about her body. I want to make something beautiful out of eroticism." [14] His wife, actress Jane Fonda, noted that Vadim was a fan of science fiction; according to the director, "In science fiction, technology is everything ... The characters are so boring—they have no psychology. I want to do this film as though I had arrived on a strange planet with my camera directly on my shoulder—as though I was a reporter doing a newsreel." [4]Dillard, Brian J. "Barbarella". AllMovie. Archived from the original on 20 May 2013 . Retrieved 16 August 2017.

The film was very popular in the United Kingdom, where it was the year's second-highest-grossing film. Contemporary film critics praised Barbarella's cinematography and visuals but found its storyline weak in its first few scenes. Taylor, Andy (2008). Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran. Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 978-0-446-54606-5. Leffler, Rebecca (20 June 2012). " 'Drive' Director Nicolas Winding Refn to Bring 'Barbarella' to the Small Screen". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 6 February 2018 . Retrieved 5 February 2018. This is an original one sheet movie poster from 1968 for Barbarella starring Jane Fonda, John Phillip Law, Marcel Marceau, David Hemmings, Anita Pallenberg, and Milo O'Shea. Roger Vadim directed the science fiction thriller. Robert McGinnis is the artist for the poster.Vadim said that he was interested in making a science fiction movie that gave depth to the characters — a noble goal, though difficult to discern in the finished product, where characters seem drawn with all the complexity of a child’s crayon sketch. His mission, he said, as to shoot the movie like he was a documentary journalist.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment