276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Out of the Blue: The inside story of the unexpected rise and rapid fall of Liz Truss

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Crest hating humans for being awful and whining about how he hates it; Sean moping about being dumped and scheming to get his ex back via rom-com tropes. They had difficult choices to make throughout the novel, but watching them work themself out was so realistic while also being fun to read – I loved it. You don't just luck into that; if you place third in the state, you're getting a scholarship to swim at college somewhere -- and your training would reflect that. I especially loved the way she spoke, with incomprehensible yet lovely words that sound like a melody, or how she later learned to speak to humans in her own way. Because while I appreciate what Jason June was trying to do with the body positivity aspect of the story, by having both Sean and Kavya be thicc and curvy.

It just wasn't one that I could connect to or get invested in, and the intense focus on sex was alienating and off putting. There’s a lot explored in this story, but rest assured that the resolution is quite beautiful and well worth the read. Suddenly, one does fall down from the sky but Jaya is shocked to see the angel moving around on the ground. And of course it gives a beautiful range of character, with women of color and LGBTQ+ MAIN characters! I have no idea what this says about me, but if you take anything away from that statement, it should be that this book is amazing.Like, I adored both Crest/Ross and Sean as characters, but their motivations and understanding around their relationship were very hard to follow in moments. OUT OF THE BLUE is a really nice example of showing a story from many sides and exploring the motivation that leads to characters' (wrong)doings. It's really nice to see not only a whole society of people without a gender binary, but also a love interest happily using they/them pronouns and no one flinching. I know people criticize Disney's Little Mermaid because they say that Ariel gives up everything for Eric, but at least it was more than just a physical relationship.

I liked how the author created this whole background on them, changed from the way many view mermaids. He said in an interview with Bloomberg News that he and Cole would edit the book and add a new chapter, [16] titled "Into the Red". This one is tough to review, largely because I'm so torn between the things I loved about it and the stuff that just really didn't land. It felt a little frustrating to not have anyone consider just using they/them pronouns because we literally don't know anything about these Beings or the way they express gender.

After reading just a few pages I was absolutely hooked and I’m pretty sure I barely even breathed as I devoured this beautiful and original book. Sophie Cameron unfolds such a beautiful story in these 200 pages that I already want to read a sequel or at least to own a physical copy of the book. T. - we have Jaya hiding an other wordly being and learning to overcome a language barrier and gain their trust.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment