276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DJI Mini 4 Pro/Mini 3 Pro Propeller, Compatibility: Mini 4 Pro, Mini 3 Pro

£183£366.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One just wouldn’t unscrew, and the other did unscrew however the new screw wouldn’t screw all the way in. I cannot then remove it and have also stripped the screw so I now have 2 screws stripped.

Submit a valuation request and we'll provide guide prices with no delay. Plus, we'll collect your gear from your home or work for FREE. Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) screwdriver set with 4 hard to find JIS screwdrivers in sizes #000 (2 mm), #00 (2.5 mm), #0 (3 mm) and #1 (4 mm). This particular type of screw is commonly used in consumer electronics such as digital cameras and even RC helicopters. Hi, Mini 3 Pro seems amazing - but has anyone else found the propeller screws problematic when replacing a prop?On my first unit I needed to replace a couple of props.I couldn't unscrew one prop screw at all, another was extremely difficult to remove and the new screw would not screw fully home (stopped firm with 1mm travel still to go).I only used the provided screwdriver (as user guide instructs).DJI actually replaced the unit for me as within 15 days.(In my view this was a manufacturing defect and the 15 days should have been immaterial anyway). Looking to upgrade your equipment? Get competitive prices on major brands with our part-exchange service. Researchers say that when they tested prototype toroidal propellers on DJI drones, they found thrust levels comparable to those of regular props at similar power levels. But reduced sound levels on the drones fitted with toroidal props meant they appeared only half as annoying as a regular drone. Or in other words, the drone sounded as if it were twice as far away.Hi all! I too have the same issue. I have only got the Mini 3 Pro under 2 weeks when I had to change one of the props. As I’ve bought additional propellers I’ve decided to change all. There were 2 screws that were problematic, even when using the supplied screwdriver.

A team working at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory says it has come up with a closed-form propeller design that can significantly cut down the loud noise commonly associated with consumer drones. The configuration that the facility has gotten patented almost makes the propellers sound more like a rushing breeze rather than high-pitched buzzing — and it does so without sacrificing thrust. I had the same issue. They honestly shouldnt be this impossible to screw off. I saw a video of this and it says the size of screwdriver is ph0000 I'm concerned this may be a reoccuring issue as the depth of the screw recess is very shallow and the quality of the provided screwdriver seems inadequate.I really think the screws used should have a deeper recess - especially for what is designed to be a user replaceable consumable part. Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)have developed new low-noise propellers that can make current multirotor drones much less of an acoustic annoyance. With the Mini 3, if your propeller hits an object I could see this also damaging the screw, since the screw is the attachment point.

I have a full Wera Kraftform Micro Screwdriver set (model 5134000001 if you're curious).I tried all of the PH0, PH00, and PH000 and compared them to the factory-provided screwdriver.Here's the interesting thing: While the PH00 was the closest in size to the factory screwdriver, it did worse than BOTH the PH0 and the PH000 (don't ask me why, it doesn't make sense to me either . . . I think it has something to do with how shallow the screws are).For me, while the PH0 looked too big, it actually did best - both screwing and unscrewing.I got mild stripping with PH000 at the end of the range.I tried on two different propellers (and so two different screws). Please complete the form below for a quote - Please be as accurate as possible to help us give an accurate quote.

Dr. Thomas Sebastian, a senior member of the Lincoln Lab’s structural and thermal-fluids engineering group, explains that the design for these low-noise propellers comes from experimental airplanes in the early 1900s and those operated during World War 2. “There were a couple of designs that were basically these ring wings. So, I wondered what it would look like if you took a ring wing and turned something like that into a propeller.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment