276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sage BCG820BSSUK the Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Grinder - Silver

£104.475£208.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is certainly an optimum RPM in for home grinders when noise, output and consistency are taken into account, it’s usually somewhere between 250 and 450 RPM.

Conical burrs grind beans into two slightly different particle sizes. This works well in espresso machines. High speeds produce static in the coffee grinds and pulverises the coffee bean leading to inconsistent grinds. It's just ridiculously user-friendly, and that's the main thing I have to say about most Sage machines, really, they seem to think of just about everything to make them as idiot-proof as possible, although to be fair even Sage couldn't do quite a good enough job of that with this idiot, as I couldn't figure out to start with how to get the Gaggia classic portafilter to rest in the portafilter cradle.This is the aforementioned internal burr adjustment, and it's such a clever, and useful feature, and one I very rarely hear anyone talking about. If you're looking for a more in-depth review, though, carry on reading :-). Sage Smart Grinder Pro Review – 7 Years Later I had a problem with a loose nut too. Being too careful when I did it up. As turning the nut will also spin the motor removing the nut needed a jerk to make use of inertia. I re tightened it the same way and it has remained in place since. I am now using a coarser than normal grinder setting but also a bigger filter basket so would expect to really.

We're not talking about bells and whistles, either. A couple of the features could possibly be referred to as unnecessary I suppose, although I can't think of any that I don't think are useful, but some of them are genius, one of them in particular, which is the internal burr adjustment, which I'll talk about shortly. If you do want to work with light roasts, by the way, just keep in mind that you'll need a more commercial-grade grinder for that. Grinders that can cope with much harder beans often have a much higher powered motor, and a gearing system that transforms the motor power into torque, and all of the componentry would usually (hopefully) be sturdy enough to cope with grinding much lighter roasted beans. How Good is The Smart Grinder Pro for Manual Brew Methods? I'd seen the Dose Control Pro from Sage, the slightly cheaper sibling of the Smart Grinder Pro, which was tempting, but I just really liked the look of the Smart Grinder Pro, and I'd seen that the power of the motor was slightly smaller on the Dose Control Pro (130W Vs 165W).

Recent Posts

At the time, the cheapest budget grinders on the market were the De'Longhi KG79 & Krups Expert, and I mainly swerved them because it appeared to me at the time that they weren't as user-friendly as the Sage grinders, and that the grind performance wasn't the best. When you grind coffee it instantly starts to deteriorate in quality, the air reacts with compounds and oils in the grounds and the coffee starts to oxidise changing the delicate balance of flavour notes. With up to 60 intuitive grind size settings, Sage’s programmable burr coffee grinders maximise the potential of any brew. Choose between 'cups' for French Press or filter and 'shots' for Espresso to get the right dose for the coffee you're brewing. Grind the coffee beans directly into a portafilter or an air-tight container. The Smart Grinder Pro is an all-rounder grinder, It'll grind for manual brew methods such as Aeropress, pour-over, stove top & cafetiere, and it will also grind for espresso, with traditional or pressurized baskets.

That being said, I am a drummer, and for many years I didn't wear earplugs when I really should have, and I'm a loud drummer, the guitarists in the bands I've been in have been just as loud, so my hearing isn't the greatest. For example, I’m usually looking for 18g for a double shot, and I usually start out with a grind size of about 12, and a timing of about 17.5 seconds, which will usually get me close to 18g, and I’ll weight it, and then either take a bit out or grind a bit more. The timing will change from bean to bean, which is why you can’t purely rely on timing.Anyway, my search stopped at the Smart Grinder Pro. It was more than I was looking to spend (as the amount I was looking to spend was closer to zero), but at the time (and it's more or less the same now really) there wasn't really anything that appeared to be as good across the board, including ease of use, reliability, and compatibility with most brew methods including espresso, for this kind of price. A ceramic burr is likely to last longer than a steel burr, provided that it doesn’t encounter any rogue materials, such as a small fragment of stone, that could cause it to chip. Stepped vs stepless grinders

This is something else that I think is fairly important, most of us are grinding coffee early in the morning, so a grinder that sounds like a Boeing 747 probably isn't the best idea. I just want to give a little bit of attention to the hopper, as I realize that a lot of people look at the hopper and hopper capacity etc., as being an important part of their research. So what I'd say about the hopper, is it's great, but I'd highly recommend temporary use only.

If you weigh the coffee and it is heavier than your desired dose in your recipe then decrease the time of the grind. Steel burrs are usually found in widely available coffee grinders sold in big retailers such as John Lewis and Lakeland The engineering and design of more expensive burr grinders is also very high quality to enable the precise grind level needed for certain brew methods. What Happens if You Grind Coffee Too Fine?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment