276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Saucony Women's Triumph 19 Running Shoe, Medium

£31.62£63.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you want something that’s just about comfort and ease, and not about speed this is a great option. I have to admit that I may have been wrong all these years about the Triumph and wished I had stepped into this a bit sooner. The Triumph is definitely not something that’s going to blow your mind, but it will give a runner comfort for miles and miles. The ever-popular Ride and Triumph series, are perfect for neutral road runners who want comfy cushioning. Dr. Andrea Myers is a 5’7”, 130 pound female with PRs of 3:04:48 for the marathon and 18:41 for the 5k. She typically runs 35-60 miles per week with recovery runs at 8:00-8:30/mi pace and 5:30/mi pace for shorter efforts. She prefers firmer, neutral shoes with 4-8mm of drop and high volume toe boxes. IG handle: dreamy560 The outsole is very resistant with a good amount of XT-900 rubber while remaining flexible and allows for miles of running without early wear on the platform. The grip is also perfect on dry and wet pavements alike.

Saucony | All Womens Running Shoes - Direct Running Saucony | All Womens Running Shoes - Direct Running

David: The Saucony Triumph 19 was much more enjoyable for me than the 18. The 19 felt more natural on foot (the 18 was very heavy) thanks to the lighter upper. The midsole and outsole remain the same throughout. The bevel of the heel is done well and the outsole has cutouts in convenient places to make the shoe flexible and rigid in comfortable areas. PWRUN+ still yields a highly protective ride throughout while also providing some responsiveness. The shoe certainly feels better at daily paces though. I've done some harder strides and paces in this shoe and I find it is just a little too much for for those purposes. The outsole is trusty and I have been able to take this in various different terrains. I did find that the midfoot to forefoot transition could come off a little "slappy" and I think some of that might be because of the break of the outsole through the midfoot region of the shoe. Otherwise it is a solid neutral cushioned trainer.It’s not a race shoe and won’t instill confidence to run lightning-fast splits, it’s not the Endorphin Speed or Pro, but it’s smooth as butter and consistent under every step. KYLE: The Saucony Triumph 19 delivers on the cushioning and has style for days. This would be my easy day/recovery run shoe. While not my first choice for tempo days or workouts, this shoe certainly has a place in your rotation. Seiler, Stephen. (2010). What is Best Practice for Training Intensity and Duration Distribution in Endurance Athletes?. International journal of sports physiology and performance. 5. 276-91. 10.1123/ijspp.5.3.276. It has a wide, stable platform at 114.4mm under the forefoot and 90.7mm in the heel which is slightly above average (113.0mm/89.5mm).

Saucony Triumph 19 Review | 2022 Best Cushioned Running Shoes

And guess what? I was wrong. Like...miles away. Sure they’re plush shoes with a substantial amount of cushioning, but I find them nowhere near soft nor mushy. It has a subtle amount of firmness that makes the run responsive, something I find ideal for a large spectrum of paces, from easy up to training marathon pace.Not as responsive as other daily trainers which doesn’t make it suitable for sustained faster paces. Asics Novablast 2- Not entirely a max cushioned, but still a highly, highly cushioned trainer that does recovery well The Sonic 3 can handle long miles, but I find that my legs were more tired after long runs than in the Triumph. On the up-tempo side, I do not find the Sonic Accelerate much more efficient, and it may be due to its lower weight. As a consequence, I must admit that I enjoyed the T19 far more than expected, and it has easily found a place in my shoe rotation. Those long asphalt runs, easy or with some tempo chunks thrown in are a real delight to be run with the T19. I even performed a hill workout, 2’ all out uphill and a “fast return” downhill, where the amount of heel cushioning was a real relief during the downhills on a hard surface and considering I had heavy legs as the workout came just after a 4 hour bike ride…

Saucony Triumph 19 Performance Review - Believe in the Run Saucony Triumph 19 Performance Review - Believe in the Run

The “grid pattern” is rigid to ensure a secude heel hold, and the vertical stripe brings heaps of reflectivity for night runners. Jeff is the token slow runner of the RTR lineup, and as such his viewpoints on shoe and gear can differ from those who routinely finish marathons in three hours or less. Jeff runs 30 miles per week on roads and trails around Denver, CO (and sometimes on the treadmill when the weather gets too much for a Phoenix native). Jeff only got into running in his 30s, as a result his career PR's are 4:07 for the marathon and 5K at 23:39 . Jeff has finished several ultra marathons, from 50K up to 50 miles, and is still debating if he wants to go down that road again. And I even think that those endurance paces (not easy, and far from hard..something around Z2-early Z3 pace for zones-minded runners) are where the shoe shines the most. You still get the comfortable cushioning, and benefit from the responsiveness of the midsole, and its flexibility that’s really engaging you to push forward, in a very smooth motion. Jeff: And this is where this shoe truly shines. While the midsole does feel a little firmer than some of its modern contemporaries, when out on the run, there’s a smoothness to the cushioning that few shoes on the market have. There’s a little bit of bounce/rebound when you land, but mostly just some nice squish to dull the road. That’s been the Triumph’s bread and butter, and this year’s version does it as well as any of its ancestors. There’s no sinking feeling as you land, so while this wouldn’t be the shoe I’d recommend for your speedwork, if you happen to be wearing them and the run gets fast, you’ll be fine. The big news for v19 is it’s got a completely updated upper and its diet through COVID has resulted in the loss of a full ounce of weight! Well done Saucony!!The most notable change is the weight. The Triumph used to be rather heavy, but Saucony managed to trim down the upper. As a result, the shoe is an ounce lighter(30 g)! The upper didn’t lose anything with the redesign. If anything, it’s more breathable and more comfortable. The Triumph line comes with an image of being the kind of comfy limousine in which you just let go and cruise at an easy pace. At least, this is how I imagined the Triumph would run. Still want some more? The newfound breathability of the upper is not just a marketing line off the spec sheet. Tried and tested this last week-end under the sun (finally!): my feet were perfectly dry despite the heat and the...active session. Neither hot spots nor any chafing while shuttling up & down a hill. Adidas Ultraboost 21- For those on their heels more, the towering boost with new torsion system feels smooth and forgiving

Triumph Collection - Saucony Triumph Collection - Saucony

As I stated earlier this is my first Foray into the Triumph, and so clearly I have no platform for which to compare anything. Ultimately, the Triumph 19 is about cruising. It’s worthwhile in anyone’s lineup, but this is not a shoe for pushing the pace, it’s about active recovery and long enjoyable runs. Fit and comfort feel amazing The little plus appreciated by users: the vertical reflective cage in the heel for safe night runs. Asics Kayano 28 Review, New Update - Guest reviewer Ryan Flugaur adds his thoughts to the big Kayano changes. Softer, smoother, and more fun than ever before Personal: B (I'm really happy this model shaved some weight down. It still carries some weight but feels much more natural now. Overall I like the shoe, but it is still a tad heavy and "slappy" in the forefoot for me.)Shoe is a very smooth ride on flats, or down hill runs. Problem is when running hilly terrain, or whenever landing on the front foot pads; the soft squishy sole under those pads is too soft, causing for an uncomfortable ride. This shoe is a great option for long easy slow days and runners that prefer a more traditional riding shoe. Read more to find out if you need the Triumph 19 in your lineup. Who should buy the Saucony Triumph 19 The T19 will handle more miles, more paces, and will be comfier. The fit is also better in the T19. Could it lose more weight? Sure, but it’s more manageable than past iterations, and even though it’s technically heavier than the Endorphin Shift 2 (10 ounces) we recently reviewed, it feels lighter thanks to its peppier midsole. Durability ok, grip great

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment