276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oh Cook!: The cookbook from James May with simple, easy recipes that any idiot can make.

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Before reading the recipes on these pages, or indeed watching my cooking show, you should be aware that I can’t really cook. Macaroni cheese with sausages…" And he's still partial to Spam, although rarely, and admits it is "a bit of a schtick" that's become part of his brand. We had not much food and we came across a bothy in the frozen wilderness that hadn’t been used for decades.

And then, in case we get the wrong idea, he makes tinned alphabet spaghetti on toast, explaining that the final ingredient is made “in the toaster”. Having smashed avocado and samphire is a privilege bought on millions of cans of luncheon meat and Princes ham. I can tolerate a certain amount of you telling me how to cook but don't start telling me how to enthuse about it because I . The hook with this brand new series, as suggested by May’s introduction, is that he isn’t even trying to pretend that he’s an expert in the kitchen, even if he then goes straight on to knock up an impressive-looking Asian chicken soup, some “Spamen” (a mix of ramen and, yes, Spam) and a glazed salmon dish.I have a passing familiarity with the series with which this book is associated which is moderately entertaining (less so than some of his others such as Toy Stories or The Reassembler) I think I like the book better and was surprised to find it mouthwatering and useful, although less discursive on the scientific angle than I had anticipated. When I was a student in the 1980s, I tried to do a roast Sunday lunch but forgot to turn the oven on and we ended up eating it at 3am.

Some of the more “fancy” cookbooks I have include beautifully rendered food setups but are difficult to make or include several ingredients that are not very obtainable or affordable for everyone. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. It’s all very well talking about artisanal cheese but the industrialisation of food production fed everybody and stopped people dying of scurvy. When all the milk has been incorporated, you should have a smooth batter the consistency of single cream.As you’d expect, it’s in hardback form, but it’s not as heft and thick as those giant doorstop cookbooks that gather dust on your shelves. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Or should we all put on our bravest faces and continue the charade until he can no longer muster the energy himself? Thanks to a very expensive cameraman, there will be enough slow-mo shots of really great food to stimulate your gastric senses,” he rambles, and he’s not wrong. Welcome to the cookery show” claim may be somewhat true to the extent that he isn’t a well-seasoned (no cooking pun intended) chef who can whip of elegant works of edible art, but he proves himself otherwise.

The advantage of this home recipe is that, after eating it, you don’t have to wander the streets of an unfamiliar German city trying to find your hotel.Wrap the roly poly in the baking parchment, making a long pleat in the paper to allow the pudding to expand as it cooks. Deliberately, defiantly, overwhelmingly low-wattage May insouciantly shows how easy it is to make decent grub with bonus asides on Fellini, Philip Larkin and William Blake, which you certainly don’t get with The Hairy Bikers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment